Stop lights

pcosho

Registered
Went for a ride the other day(when it finally stopped raining and the 40mph winds ceased.lol)and was coming up on a red light and noticed a big rig barreling down on me(heard him down shifting brrrrr brrrrr brrrrr ect.) After he finally stopped I noticed he was on his cell phone. Well two years ago at the same stop light when I was riding to work that day I rolled up on a scene where a guy had just been ran over and dragged several hundred feet by a semi. The only reason he stopped was because he saw the guys helmet roll out from under his truck(he wasnt wearing it,it was locked to his bike.) Rider did not survive. It was a double lane highway stop light and the guys girlfriend was in her car next to him talking to him at the red light. The semi driver was on his cell phone and forgot the rider was in front of him when the light turned green. Anyhow moral to my story is I cannot stand cell phones(never needed them when i was growin up!)and still freak out when a semi ends up behind me! Be safe out there brothers and sisters and rip fellow rider I still think about ya!:beerchug:

whenever i am stopped at a light i watch my mirrors until the vehicle behind me has come to a complete stop,and still am cautious after they have stopped...and i see close calls every day with people on their cel phones,if mine rings while im driving my van i dont answer it until i get where i am going:rulez:

whenever i am stopped at a light i watch my mirrors until the vehicle behind me has come to a complete stop,and still am cautious after they have stopped...and i see close calls every day with people on their cel phones,if mine rings while im driving my van i dont answer it until i get where i am going:rulez:

I leave room in front for manuvers as well, & "stagger" left of the vehicle in front so I don't leave myself open to get "Sandwiched" :eek:

I have been hit at stop lights twice... thankfully it was before the busa. A dr350 can take the hit a lot better... Although I went about twenty feet into the intersection both times. Always an old lady driving so you can't even kick their a$$.

yeap always leave an escape route.

Yes, must have an escape route! Also, I get the "willies" when I see semi drivers and dump truck drivers on the cell phone or texting. Cage drivers are scary enough but 40 tons of truck is rolling death!

Crazy, or I should say dumb ?,! People out there. I honestly can't tell you the last time I put the bike in neutral out on a ride.

sent from G2 via tapatalk.

Back