Stolen frame...

The frame is stolen. Not everything else. Not my area of expertise. I may not have been clear but speaking after the frame is seized, he would be left with a civil suit to recover his money from the person he purchased it from. Not a violation to run VINs , etc. do it all the time. I guess everything I do is an investigation :laugh:

You should know, or maybe you don't that most of these crimes include intent and intent must be proven. I doubt the OP had the intent of depriving the owner. He just bought a frame after making a great effort to ensure it was clear and even registered said property. Not many criminals would do that, but I digress .............. whatever

wow, sounds like a nightmare! could be a simple 'puter error.
I dont think taking anything off is a good idea. You dont want be messing with "evidence".
Get all the paper work inorder.

The frame is stolen. Not everything else. Not my area of expertise. I may not have been clear but speaking after the frame is seized, he would be left with a civil suit to recover his money from the person he purchased it from. Not a violation to run VINs , etc. do it all the time. I guess everything I do is an investigation :laugh:

You should know, or maybe you don't that most of these crimes include intent and intent must be proven. I doubt the OP had the intent of depriving the owner. He just bought a frame after making a great effort to ensure it was clear and even registered said property. Not many criminals would do that, but I digress .............. whatever
agreed. anyone can take anyone to court to sue for civil damages but the person he bought it from may have been duped by the previous owner.

intent does not have to be proven when in possession of stolen property. that is why most states have different variations to charges. meaning, stealing (in the act of) and being in possession of. both will carry the same penalty and the degree of larceny is the same.

if you buy a car stereo from someone off the street and at a later date ur car is stopped for say a motor vehicle violation and the cop tows ur vehicle for say no license and runs the serial number of the radio thats in plain view and it comes up stolen you will be arrested for being in possession of stolen property.

arrest and conviction are two different things. arrest requires a 51% likelyhood that a crime exists. being in possession of stolen property will surely meet that standard. being convicted of said crime has a much higher standard of guilt.

...man, all this talk about jail.....if I was you, I would just go park it at a mall and let it get stolen......again.:laugh:

Chris it was a joke. But technically since he has it legally registered he can sell it.

Actually, once the police notified him that the bike was reported stolen he by law cannot transfer possession to anyone until the current issue is resolve. If he knowingly sells said item he too can become an accomplice to the fact.

None the less, this is one messed up situation. I would do like alot of guys are saying and check with an attorney and maybe start removing my stuff from the frame. Good luck my ridin brother!

I buy all my stolen stuff from a pawn shop. That Way I know I can keep it. :laugh:

Good luck on getting the bike worked out.

hello everybody im back its been awhile, but its good to be back. Well heres a update on my bike, ok after i told u guys about the officers coming to my house i didnt here nothing from them, until now its a detective who took the case now. He is saying that state farm says they never sold the bike they dont know how i have it. So its a dispute of ownership now between me and state farm. He wants me to prove to him that i put the bike together. i need to show him receits, to the parts i bought, and put on the bike. this really has me pissed off. i was told that maybe the bike was totaled out and they never reported it. Now the problem is i dnt have all the receits. IS THERE ANYONE WHO CAN HELP me with the receit problem???? but i did show him pictures of me building the bike but he says he still needs receits. HELP:please:

hello everybody im back its been awhile, but its good to be back. Well heres a update on my bike, ok after i told u guys about the officers coming to my house i didnt here nothing from them, until now its a detective who took the case now. He is saying that state farm says they never sold the bike they dont know how i have it. So its a dispute of ownership now between me and state farm. He wants me to prove to him that i put the bike together. i need to show him receits, to the parts i bought, and put on the bike. this really has me pissed off. i was told that maybe the bike was totaled out and they never reported it. Now the problem is i dnt have all the receits. IS THERE ANYONE WHO CAN HELP me with the receit problem???? but i did show him pictures of me building the bike but he says he still needs receits. HELP:please:

Take everything off of the bike and give them the frame then just buy a new one seems to be your only option. You have a bill of sale or something to show you bought the frame and not the one who stole it, correct?

Take everything off of the bike and give them the frame then just buy a new one seems to be your only option. You have a bill of sale or something to show you bought the frame and not the one who stole it, correct?

eh.. that might not be quite legal.

Here's my advise. Stop asking people on forums what to do, and call a lawyer for the proper answer on what to do in your state.

YES. i do but the detective says the bill of sale i showed him wasnt good enough, he wants me to show receits. it was a mistake that state farm made. i want to sue them. im going to fight this.

Contact the places that you bought parts from, they may have copies of receipts that you can get.
Call those companies or dealers and ask. Even online companies may be able to make you copies.
They might surprise you, besides what do you have to lose?

You also said that you know who sold it to you, why don't the cops go and talk to him. IF HE HAD IT BEFORE YOU then maybe he sold
you stolen goods.

Most stores these days store your purchase in a data base. Try calling the stores you "bought" :laugh: your parts from and tell them your situation. They may be able to send another receipt out.

Just to be safe I would take your mods off. Get a good Lawyer, and start gathering paper work from DMV when you bought the bike.

I think BigBadDodge has a point, and is sound like someone is pulling a fast one.

eh.. that might not be quite legal.

Here's my advise. Stop asking people on forums what to do, and call a lawyer for the proper answer on what to do in your state.

i did talk to a lawyer. he told me to track down the receits if i could, and that since i have the title they cant just take it from me. i just have to prove to them that it wasnt a whole put together bike when i got it, that i put it together. so thats why im asking ppl on this forum for advice because we all ride, and not just ride we all have BUSA"S so to me thats a connection like family. Thats a passion we share unlike any other.

Send them a picture and let them see how big you are - they may never call back :thumbsup:

Back