stock or....

max74

Registered
hello everyone, new to this forum, almost every bike i owned i joined a forum....so not new to forums.
Picking up my dreambike for over 18 years in a couple of weeks, damn that took me long.
rode mostly sportbikes, fireblades, gsx-r's, fz/fzr's....never above 1997 so easy to work on, just carbs and a cilinder
Now here comes the 2007 B-King.....sensors, cat, exhaust flap. verry expierenced on working on my wifes BM Trouble you, so i know how a lot of these emmision stuff and sensors can give you grieve. From what i know now about the bike is that it has a stock exhaust, and no ecu flah or powercommander.
Trying to figure out what i should do with the bike when i have it in my possesion, i'm not at the age of roadracing anymore, and tickets in Holland are over the top so not worth it. But i do want to have a bike that i dont need to work on everytime.
What would Busa and B-King owners suggest, keep it stock or chance this or that for a more reliable bike?
Search a lot on this topics, and most just want the most out of there bike, but any negative sides are not well discussed. any input would be great.
Thanks

Welcome...

So you are getting a BKIng?

Regardless, to mod or not to mod is strictly up to the taste of the owner......they respond well to mods and in my opinion the stock exhaust on BKing is beyond hideous so anything is an improvement over that...

Basic mods will keep the bike reliable and make it your own...but this is up to you and only you of course.

Had mine since 2007.

I changed the bars as I have personal favourites.

Changing the cans is OK for visual, sound and weight but gives zero performance.

All my bikes get radiator guards as I’ve had issues here in the past.

I have some spare (later model) gold B-King wheels that brighten it up a bit.

Never done much to mine other than ride it. I always run multiple bikes and one stays stock(ish) quiet, legal and easier to live. for several years the King was my Turn-Key bike that never got much attention from me. Not sure what I’ll do with mine now either. I do have all the bits to return it back to 100% stock, which around here would turn more heads and be a rarer bike.
Search a lot on this topics, and most just want the most out of there bike, but any negative sides are not well discussed. any input would be great.
Thanks

# 2 recalls on the Reg/Rec, a dealer will check the vin and tell you if it’s up to date.

# A few bikes had clutch bolts work loose and touch the cases. Just need a dab of thread lock.

# A fun toy but the pillion set up, smaller tank and tank top switches make it a little less practical than a Busa.

# Some early bikes need the throttle cables tied back as they rub and wear against the clocks.

# I do like my King. Recently gave it some attention, new battery, filters and fluids, plugs, plugs, MOSFET Reg/Rec etc. After 15 years I’m still happy to own it, but I’d never have one as an only bike. For me the Busa and GSX1400 offer a lot of the same and more. It’s not hard to make a Busa more upright If you don’t love the looks of the B-King and the Busa has a lot more spares, accessories and back up.

678B1AC6-CD6F-455C-AA77-77BA39422960.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks for all the honnest input, i guess i better just drive the bike and see how it reacts.
fot the exhaust....yup, not the best look on this bike, but also figuring out on what to run into when i put on a smaller exhaust? remapping,? build a fighter once from a fireblade, left over around 20 cm from the stock exhaust and offcourse no room for baffles, thye bike was loud as hell, car alarms went of when i drove past, but took me some time to get the mixture in order, cause offcourse the bike was built for a complete roaduse exhaust......my lovely relic blade she was named

after.jpg

Most full Busa exhausts work on the Bking with little to no fab work, depending on the location of the muffler hanger.
Otherwise, remove the butterfly valve from the midpipe, or, you can just remove the servo cables.
The servo can be removed(doesn't have to be) and it's power plug is good for an accessory if you want.
There is also a key on/off sequence that resets the exhaust valve to remain fully open at all times.
I also did a ram-air mod(added tube through frame on each side).
I flashed the ecu with Ecu Editor to an unrestricted Busa bin file.
Night and day difference in throttle response and agressiveness vs stock.
I also put on a -1/17t front sprocket, rpm's only up by 600, and much snappier.
Bar-end mirrors work well on those bars too.
Before I sold my Bking, my next mod was going to be a full single Akropovic exhaust with carbon fiber muffler for a gen2 Busa(2008-2020).
I really liked my Bking, and would have another, but like said above, I wouldn't want one as my only bike, which mine was at that time.

Screenshot_20210910-105731_Gallery.jpg

Also

Bking passenger peg mounts can be flipped from side to side.
It looks kinda funky, but for 2 bolts each, it gives your passenger Alot more leg room.
Mine were swapped when I got it, and I later put them back(it had big round pegs on it that I still have too).
I sat back there with the pegs both ways, and brackets flipped/lower pegs, is so much more comfortable.

I still have a Bking charcoal emmissions canister, if anyone ever needs one to pass emmissions in future.
I think I have an exhaust valve servo motor as well, maybe a few Bking specific brackets.
Free for shipping

Also Bking passenger peg mounts can be flipped from side to side. It looks kinda funky, but for 2 bolts each, it gives your passenger Alot more leg room. Mine were swapped when I got it, and I later put them back(it had big round pegs on it that I still have too). I sat back there with the pegs both ways, and brackets flipped/lower pegs, is so much more comfortable. I still have a Bking charcoal emmissions canister, if anyone ever needs one to pass emmissions in future. I think I have an exhaust valve servo motor as well, maybe a few Bking specific brackets. Free for shipping

Great tip, will do.....i guess my main fear is with all i have been reading....how does the B-King respond in low RPM's, cause that what the bike will do when you use it for daily use. Riding in city's, streets, etc. i guess i'll find out soon enough, but from what my busa buddy is telling me, is that his busa doesn't like to drive in low gears at low rpm's...and i just need a setting that it functions well in all rpm's and gears. And if some of this cat or exhaust servo's intervere with a smooth riding bike then i rather know what i have to take of or flash.
anyhow, thanks for all your input, will keep you posted, and in the futerure i will also contribute with my knowledge on bikes ( or cars if needed)

Great tip, will do.....i guess my main fear is with all i have been reading....how does the B-King respond in low RPM's, cause that what the bike will do when you use it for daily use. Riding in city's, streets, etc. i guess i'll find out soon enough, but from what my busa buddy is telling me, is that his busa doesn't like to drive in low gears at low rpm's...and i just need a setting that it functions well in all rpm's and gears. And if some of this cat or exhaust servo's intervere with a smooth riding bike then i rather know what i have to take of or flash.
anyhow, thanks for all your input, will keep you posted, and in the futerure i will also contribute with my knowledge on bikes ( or cars if needed)
My Hayabusa doesn't mind low rpm riding...of course it has been dyno tuned and well set up so that might make a difference...

The BKIng can be set up as well..

...from what my busa buddy is telling me, is that his busa doesn't like to drive in low gears at low rpm's...

See if the owner can tell you what sprockets the bike has. A -1 tooth sprocket in front or +3 in the rear will definitely bring second and third gear to engine speeds that make more sense for city cruising. I think this is a rule of sport bikes which are geared with a compromise to allow for their high speed potential.

Something to think about:

With stock gearing on my busa I inherently know that I am spending more time in the clutch friction zone when taking off. Hey, clutching is fun, what, me worry? Then, to your buddy's point, one tooling around at 25 mph wonders, "I could go 80 in this gear, so how long do I stay in first?" There are several good mods available but also there are choices to make along the ride and techniques to handle the bike's behavior. An illustration of this is using the rear brake around a turn while in first or clutching around the turn while in second. If one just makes the turn like they would in a car, just press and go, given how jumpy the throttle is at slow speeds and how second gear is too short, things can get really awkward. I spend a lot of time from stop sign to stop sign and in the parks. My busa is stock and I am always torn between changes, like sprockets, versus actually taking advantage of the compromises and continually working on my technique to erase the bad effects myself. Riding is definitely an art and I think that complaints about the hardware foremost indicate how artful we riders are willing to be (which is a choice) along the way.

So guys, the bike is home, my ass is flat and square....damn, didn't see a hard seat like that coming, had to drive home for 2.5 hours so got the feel off the b king, and she rides light. Nuetral light isn't working but should be an easy fix, and yes, that exhaust has to go, They did a reall smart job on that one cause its ugly as f.ck and that how you make sure that the aftermarket stuff will be bought.
Funny story on the way home....a harley stood next to me by a closing bridge, and it tried to show off with his fast attempt to race a b king....i'm a nice guy so i waited untill 3 gear to fully open the throtlle, but was just funny to watch cause i had to pull away like a granny not to catch up with him.....will post a pic later, and then its off to polishing and painting.....cause i just love polishing that much( ahum)

So guys, the bike is home, my ass is flat and square....damn, didn't see a hard seat like that coming, had to drive home for 2.5 hours so got the feel off the b king, and she rides light. Nuetral light isn't working but should be an easy fix, and yes, that exhaust has to go, They did a reall smart job on that one cause its ugly as f.ck and that how you make sure that the aftermarket stuff will be bought.
Funny story on the way home....a harley stood next to me by a closing bridge, and it tried to show off with his fast attempt to race a b king....i'm a nice guy so i waited untill 3 gear to fully open the throtlle, but was just funny to watch cause i had to pull away like a granny not to catch up with him.....will post a pic later, and then its off to polishing and painting.....cause i just love polishing that much( ahum)
Let the modding begin.......

They are a stellar bike....I would have had one in an instant....

So guys, the bike is home, my ass is flat and square....

For clarity, you were not born that way, it was the bike, right?

...and yes, that exhaust has to go, They did a reall smart job on that one cause its ugly as f.ck and that how you make sure that the aftermarket stuff will be bought.

:)

well, i dont have a lot of meat on my body so yeah, i was born this way whaha.
My Busa buddy took the B King out yesterday and laughed his ass off.....he rides a gen1 and was affraid i was able to keep up with him but turnes out that my B King is heavy restricted.....so now i have to figure out the steps, ecu flash before a exhaust swap seems pointless, cause it would need re-re-mapping.....darned.....guess i have a new hobby again.

Back