starting when hot

OB_jafeica7

Registered
hi ive had my busa since 20 may 99 the bike has had a hot starting fault since day 3 300 miles on the clock. the fault is that it willstart but wont rev and it dies then after an hour or so it will fire up and be ok
till next time 2000 miles then 2500 miles then it failed when going along it just died when it cooled down it would start yesterday 3800 miles it would not start again so i had to be recoved by the AA its going in for its 4000 service on the 28 7
my dealer arnolds at loughborough didnt seem very interested :-( although i was for all i know stuck at donnington race track on a saturday afternoon they would not even come out and try to help although they are about 8 miles away.i have since booked it in at drayton croft in hinckley they have a busa at there race school that has had the same fault which they said suzuki uk had told them they have to remove a filter in the fuel system ? so hopefully it it will get fixed. ps there is not a F1 showing besides all the problems im still in love with the abusa its just plain f***ing awsome

Fact is, given the number of different post on this and related engine cut-out topics there is a general problem with the Busa. My bike started cutting out and having problems starting again after exactly 4 miles. It's now done 760 and it's worse than ever. The dealer hasn't got a clue and refers to MCN as a comic and the Internet and all those that use it as full of poop.

They're giving me the salesman crap saying that nobody else in the world has this kind of problem therefore it must be me.

Suffice to say I'm not having any of it. If they don't sort it soon they're having it back for good. I love the bike, best there is, but I've have enough of sitting on kerbs by the roadside for hours on end waiting for the piece of s#!t to decide that it wants to start.

It's alright talking about top ends and blowing R1's away but it doesn't count for much when you're making a public tit of yourself on a regular basis.

I've got a feeling I won't have it this time next week.

From Australia, got mine new 2weeks ago and its done 255 kms with no problems until today, went for a short ride,(18 degree celcius today and sunny)turned motor off then couple minutes later went to start and it took 3 or 4 seconds cranking then when started exhaust had a very 'lean' smell initially then ok, the bike is unmodified and I may be concerned needlessly,but to date its ALWAYS started within the FIRST second of cranking.

Notraction,try checking your fuel lines first to make sure that the two lines that leave the gas tank to the unit under the tank isn't on the virge of coming off,second try the different position of the choke lever on the left handle bar.I normally start my bike in the morning at half choke and I never use the choke after a long ride or commute if the bike has been parked for an hour or so I don't use the choke.Good luck.

Mine has never started right up. It's allways taken more than 1 sec. and it's kind of bothered me , but it seems to run perfect so far. 3970 miles,no kinked hoses and a clean gas tank and filter.

cisco, thanks for your reply,i havent ridden it since (its thursday now) but i'll go for a squirt on the weekend but i'll check lines first...........thanks again

Back