Starting a paint project on the '02

Not planning on it right now.. Aerodynamics is no factor for me, I am probably one of the few who has not seen sixth gear on my Busa.. I use it as a Sport Tourer; Really I do.. I stretched it out last summer to do the whole drag thing, but got bored with not being able to improve my launch. so went back to stock, and now it was time for a new look (I dropped it and fucked up the right side; including the clutch cover).. I like the rough look, it reminds me of the old Mike Tyson (The winning one)... Dark and mean looking wth the umph to back it up. I also used this on my track plastics as seen in my first post.

The Chrome Kenji would have been a great addition, but this was all spur of the moment, maybe I'll figure out a way to add them later. I could clear the area for the sticker, add the sticker, tape it off and add another coat of BL and there I have it..

It's different alright. I can't wait to see it all put back together. Why are you in pain? Did I miss something or haven't you posted how you got hurt?
rock.gif

Never posted my medical prob, did not think it was necessary....

But since you asked.

I am in the Military (Air Traffic Controller for the Air Force).. For the past eight years I have complained about neck/back/hand-feet numbness and other things.. They hve always told me the same thing "Lose some weight, and take physical therapy"... I am 5ft 9 in. I was 190-220 lbs when going, but you couldn't tell. Well in August I had a span of 8 days with an intense Headache that kept me from sleeping that whole time (remember I do Air Traffic).. So I go to a Flight surgeon and tell him I really think I need to see a Neurologist, he doesn't argue and gives me the referal.. I see the Neurologist a coupl days later and he sends me to get a CT Scan and a MRI. He calls me on Sept 9th at noon and says I need to to take your films to a Neuro Surgeon friend of mine so you can discuss your condition.. MYCONDITION??? I ask, oh I found what appears to be 2 growths IN (not on) youe spine.. So off I go for the "consult"; I get to the hospital and he has me chack into the ER and says I am not going home anytime soon; as I have a life threatening condition.. There is only one growth, but it is from your 2nd to your 7th vertebra (my whole neck).. The growth is on your spinal cord in between he cord and the bone.. So they go in and cut the flying shizzle out of my neck. They got the whole thing and checked it out and it is not cancerous, so that is good, but boy this recovery has been hell. 23 days in the Hossy, and another 2 weeks in the bed. Now I can walk around/ drive and do things on my own, but I pay for it all at the end of the day.. I ran out of meds yesterday, so now I have to deal with the pain until tomorrow when I can get the prescription redone..I will post pics of the scar in a second..

These were 2 weeks ago after all the stitches were removed.. It looks better now..
Imagestation.com closed, link removed

<!--EDIT|SHWELL
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130105926 -->

This is from my wifes camera phone in the Hospital..This is after my first surgery, they ended going back in and doing the whole Surgery again, so that is why the other pics look so bad. Oh and this is upside down, my head is pointng down.

<!--EDIT|SHWELL
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130104733 -->

The frame has been a thought, but not yet.... Want to see how the contrasting colors look. The lip on my wheels is polished (more like stripped), so I think the whole thing will work well together...

<!--EDIT|SHWELL
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130104853 -->

Someone bought up good point, bedliner fades with alot of sun light exposure. My bike are garage kept, but maybe I need to add a coat of flat clear coat..

Damn. Sounds like they could have caught it quicker if they had listened to you to begin with. And I wasn't trying to pry into your personal business, man. Was just curious as to whether you might have crashed (hence the paint project) or something. Didn't mean to get too personal, if I did...
wink.gif
I wish you a speedy recovery.

Cant wait to see the bike completed!!
wow.gif

Black cans
Black rims
Smoked Puig double-bubble screen
Black seat
Clear Lights / turn signals
Black everything....

STEALTH!!!
cool.gif

Bullet Train, You did not pry at all. Just didn't think I posted enough for it to be important to you guys.

wow that was quite a surgery glad you are finally starting to get back to being able to do things and hopefully ya get a full recovery soon. i think its gonna look good and will look forward to the shot of the bike done
cool.gif

I will reassemble it with just the spray on liner so you guys can see what it looks like.. Thanx for all the concern and support. You guys are great. So far i am satisfied, but that may just be the drugs.

Here are a few of the trackbike during it's conversion.. I forgot I had these pics.

Notice the emblems on this bike, those are from a base coat of white. I put a sticker on before painting, then peeled it one the RL hardened.. Gas tank has not been done, I want a spare tank to do this to, so I can still use my street plastics.

More lighting in this shot

the Rear

The front end wasn't done yet so no frontal shots...

Back