Started RN school this past Tuesday.

WOW i never knew so many people here were in nursing... I am a nurse also! Yes the classes suck, but it is worth it. At times I do hate it, but given this economy, it is good. And the money is pretty decent. Different pay for different areas. Good luck, just remember, BREATHE THOUGH YOUR MOUTH ONLY (when times warrent) i.e. code brown!!! lolol :thumbsup:

Just wait... women are fun to be around now... I have been a nurse for 6 years... I HATE THEM!!! so sick of being around women! I was the only guy in my class. And I am married btw. And FYI for the other person. Our passing percent was 80%. and we had about 10-25% failure rate.

Last edited:
Hope all goes well, my wife is a british nurse, so we're hoping to come over the pond in a few years and settle down where the money and conditions are a lot better the the british health trusts. goodluck:beerchug:

Best wishes!!!!! It will be a couple of HARD years, but you can make it. I thought about a nursing career. I can handle blood and gore, but someone throwing up or needles, Nope!!! :laugh:

My wife is going thru the same madness right now....just started the clinicals this semester. She lives in front of a book all the time ! The crap is killin' me more than her.

I feel you man. My wife graduates in june and she lives in front of the book to. I will be glad when its over.

Holy Sh*t. I'm not gonna have much of a life for the next 4 semesters. 2 1/2 hour lecture/theory components Tuesday and Wednesday. Required Skills Lab Thursdays for 2.5 hours plus mandatory practice labs (2.5 hours), Clinical rotation at local hospitals on Fridays (6AM to 6PM). Catch up on studies on Saturdays, Sundays, and Mondays. Test on 10-15 chapters every other Monday. Two Sundays out of the entire semester for 12 hour clinical rotations. 4 hours of required community service for the semester. More reading. And that's just the 1st 2 weeks of school.

on a brighter note:

60 students: 55 women and 5 guys.

an astounding 11:1 female to male student ratio! :whistle: I'm married so I guess that won't apply to me at all. But there are some nice looking females there. :thumbsup:

stay focused and quit looking at the women:laugh:

This is amng04's wife. I am a nurse and LOVE it!! I work in the NICU (neonatal ICU)...no bedpans there!! Not everybody loves their jobs as much as me. School is time consuming and requires a lot of sacrifices, but is worth it in the end... espically if you can find an area you really enjoy!!

I feel you man. My wife graduates in june and she lives in front of the book to. I will be glad when its over.

Good to hear that I'm not the only one suffering. My "dad skills" had to improve alot since she went back to school full time. As far as me & the wife....it feels more like we're just roomates now. :banghead:

This is amng04's wife. I am a nurse and LOVE it!! I work in the NICU (neonatal ICU)...no bedpans there!! Not everybody loves their jobs as much as me. School is time consuming and requires a lot of sacrifices, but is worth it in the end... espically if you can find an area you really enjoy!!

That's the only thing that's going to keep me going for these next few years, the end result. I know school is not going to be fun, and it's going to be a lot of hard work. I already don't have hardly any free time, my head is in a book nearly all the time and I haven't even gotten to the nursing part yet (just started all the pre requs). I still have no clue what devision I want to work in, but I plan to "upgrade" to either nurse anesthatist or nurse practitioner later down the road, and I'm pretty sure that requires work in certain areas (ICU I think). Anyway, I've got a good bit of time to think about that. . . Nearly 4 years, lol.

good luck we only lost 25% of our class people will start dropping like flies... the girl friend lost about half her class...

we had 118 people of which maybe 12 were men... :thumbsup:

btw whats the passing grade for the classes 78% or higher?

75%

But we have a 90% 1st time passing rate on the NCLEX-RN examinations throughout the entire state of California.

Congrats bro...I work in Cardiology and medicine is a great field. There is no recession in medicine. Bad economy and people get sick...likely have more chest pain! Good luck!

Thanx man! I think in an economy like this, ppl actually get more stressed out=more illnesses=more trips to the local hospital/clinic/care center. Cardiology? GREAT STUFF. Good on you too and I'll be sure to hit you up when we get to the chapters and modules dealing with the Cardiovascular system. :thumbsup:

Congrats!

My question is how do I go to Nursing school, attend all the labs, and practicals but still try to maintain an income.?

Either A) Scholarships. If you can muster enough of them, you may not need to work throughout your entire educational time frame, B) have a really supportive significant other who's willing to pick up most of the load (financially) while you go to school, or C) Move back in with the parents.

Luckily, I've been able to get a little bit of all three. Moving in with the in-Laws is a bit of a blow to the ego, but it's a sacrifice I have to make for my family and myself for now.

Thanx for the well wishes all and good luck to those of you working on becoming an RN/Medical Care or has someone working towards it. My trackdays and riding have taken a little bit of a back seat (until summertime hopefully). But I still plan on trying to at least get 1 or 2 races in this summer with WSMC.

But it'll definitely be on after I graduate/pass NCLEX-RN/get a job. But for now, sacrifice and humility are the name of the game.

Thanx for the well wishes all and good luck to those of you working on becoming an RN/Medical Care or has someone working towards it. My trackdays and riding have taken a little bit of a back seat (until summertime hopefully). But I still plan on trying to at least get 1 or 2 races in this summer with WSMC.

But it'll definitely be on after I graduate/pass NCLEX-RN/get a job. But for now, sacrifice and humility are the name of the game.

Ryan...you are a good match for that profession. :beerchug:

Back