Start up problem!

Blue connector under tank RHS of frame
I think this is the rear abs connector that I removed.

304C11E3-8719-47DD-88F6-0DB484D3AB81.jpeg

The fuel pump isn’t coming on either at start up.It’s been so long since I started this bike I forget what it should sound like.
But I think I’m right when I say the fuel pump ain’t priming.

Okay.This might be strange....maybe not.After turning the the red start up switch on the right handlebar to OFF and pressing the start button I get the green N on the dash!
Any idea what might be going on?

EA1A9231-31A0-4784-A94E-2B2A0A9F1F35.jpeg

Wouldn't @smithabusa be the guy to contact about this? He knows how the bypass should be hooked up. If it's hooked up how it should be, there's some other problem. ...or if you'd rather put it back to stock, do that. If it works, there was a problem with the bypass or how it was installed.

Wouldn't @smithabusa be the guy to contact about this? He knows how the bypass should be hooked up. If it's hooked up how it should be, there's some other problem. ...or if you'd rather put it back to stock, do that. If it works, there was a problem with the bypass or how it was installed.
I did contact him.But when I put the oe clutch switch back on I got an FI code and no gear indicator or neutral either+no start up.
This is probably the simplest thing in the world.Sometging I forgot to do maybe.

Yeah, it's sounding like it's not the bypass if it does the same thing with or without the bypass.

Yeah, it's sounding like it's not the bypass if it does the same thing with or without the bypass.
The last time the bike was started up was after fitting the new master cylinders with the clutch switch disconnected.
After that the brakes were bled on the rear(front needs to be bled),airbox was re fit,abs removed(before the bleeding;)) and that’s about it I think.Apart from Greg’s loom.
So I’m not sure what’s going on.

The last time the bike was started up was after fitting the new master cylinders with the clutch switch disconnected.
After that the brakes were bled on the rear(front needs to be bled),airbox was re fit,abs removed(before the bleeding;)) and that’s about it I think.Apart from Greg’s loom.
So I’m not sure what’s going on.
With removing the abs, have you done the wiring mods needed to tell the system its not there anymore?

With removing the abs, have you done the wiring mods needed to tell the system its not there anymore?
I wasn’t aware that any wiring needed to be changed.
I remember speaking to c10 on it and he said that you could do a wiring mod so as to have no yellow ABS light on the dash.
I didn’t know this was necessary unless it’s something else.

I wasn’t aware that any wiring needed to be changed.
I remember speaking to c10 on it and he said that you could do a wiring mod so as to have no yellow ABS light on the dash.
I didn’t know this was necessary unless it’s something else.
My apologies, I don't actually know. But if what @c10 told you, you've done. Then that's all you should need. He's the man that knows about this abs stuff. I wasn't sure exactly what needed to be done. Just grasping at straws at any idea..
Sorry man, prob leading you down a wrong path.

Thank
ABS system is stand alone and does not affect start no start .
Most likely cause is clutch switch / side stand.
Thanks for chiming in Bryan.I was waiting for you:).
The clutch master was changed for a Galespeed unit so the switch isn’t used.
I did start the bike with the new MC in place and clutch switch removed about 2 months ago at this stage.
I’ve put a boost by smith clutch switch bypass on the bike in order for the bike to function without the clutch switch.Any ideas?
I removed the bypass switch and put the wiring to standard and reconnected up the stock clutch switch and I got an FI code AND still no gear indicator or start up.

Last edited:
Greg’s loom under tank

View attachment 1640337
what are you plugged into here? looks like you took my harness and one side of it is plugged into the gear position sensor, and the other side something totally different (fuel pump)?

The gear position sensor has matching colors on each side of the 3 pin connector, red or pink, blue, black.

The female connector in the bottom of this pic definitely doesnt have a blue or pink wire in it, guessing you are plugging my harness into gps and fuel pump.

Back