Standing on your pegs on bumpy roads.

steelhead

Registered
I find that if I slightly stand on my pegs during very bumpy parts of a road (especially downhill), this tends to make the Hayabusa much more stable.

That is, (while on bumpy roads) when standing on the pegs, I can actually feel the Hayabusa shocks working great. When I don't stand on the pegs and just sit on my seat on very bumpy roads, I feel like I'm bouncing around and about to be thrown off.

Does anyone have similar experiences? My shocks are adjusted to stock. I'm 200 pounds.

<!--EDIT|steelhead
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150861402 -->

Yeah, Common practice for many. Been doing it for years, it effectively lowers your center of gravity thus making it more stable....

I do it when I go over most railroad tracks faster than 50 (if they are not smooth with the ground)

New England is home of the bumpy road.
Frost heaves for decades.( Unrepaired)
Stand up on my pegs all the time.
Sad part is I always just treat it as a slalom course.
Have rubber, will burn.

Case and point .......
No pavement.

IMG_0445.JPG

I find that if I slightly stand on my pegs during very bumpy parts of a road (especially downhill), this tends to make the Hayabusa much more stable.

That is, (while on bumpy roads) when standing on the pegs, I can actually feel the Hayabusa shocks working great. When I don't stand on the pegs and just sit on my seat on very bumpy roads, I feel like I'm bouncing around and about to be thrown off.

Does anyone have similar experiences? My shocks are adjusted to stock. I'm 200 pounds.
steelhead,

Your comments are in violation of America's Free Riding Act of 2001 Statute 201.573, Article 5, Section 8, Paragraph 2:

"Any overbearing self-righteous persons found to be preaching Canadian law to Americans on what they can and cannot say over the internet or privileged message boards has accepted the right to accept a lot of sh!t from said Americans on given message boards."

After the other night, you asked for that.  But yes putting weight on the pegs is the smart thing to do when approaching bumpy conditions. Ride safe.

<!--EDIT|Over_Easy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150866420 -->

I did that on my Katana 600, too... it's a thing you also do on dirtbikes and bmx bicycles... standing up can help the shocks absorb the "blow" of hard bumps. Plus, if you stand up on the pegs, you can just handle the bike better... and it doesn't matter if it's a busa or even an 80cc bike! It helps to stand up! You can control the bumps better!

Just my view....

Technically speaking....The only time you should be "on the seat" is at a stop, or on a stretched cruiser from Milwaukee
cool.gif

Technically speaking....The only time you should be "on the seat" is at a stop, or on a stretched cruiser from Milwaukee
cool.gif
Maybe so IF you're on a track...

Normal road riding... I'm on the seat, my man! But as of this post, I don't have my busa yet!!! I'm going by my Kat 6 I used to ride....

steelhead,

Your comments are in violation of America's Free Riding Act of 2001 Statute 201.573, Article 5, Section 8, Paragraph 2:

"Any overbearing self-righteous persons found to be preaching Canadian law to Americans on what they can and cannot say over the internet or privileged message boards has accepted the right to accept a lot of sh!t from said Americans on given message boards."

After the other night, you asked for that.  But yes putting weight on the pegs is the smart thing to do when approaching bumpy conditions. Ride safe.
Over_easy: That was very funny. Thanks for the riding tip!

smile.gif

<!--EDIT|steelhead
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150880219 -->

Yep --I especailly do it when crossing RR tracks. I just don't like the feeling of crushing "the boys"

Since your in Cold-re-ia  
eek2.gif
you must be standing ALOT
tounge.gif
. Well, you'll have great leg muscles anyway
laugh.gif

Standing on the pegs, your legs will act as shock absorbers. In the MSF course one of the things that is taught is to stand on the pegs as one crosses a 2x4 or other obsticle on the road. Sitting down will produce a pogo effect and can cause the rider to loose control of the motorcycle.

Standing on the pegs, your legs will act as shock absorbers. In the MSF course one of the things that is taught is to stand on the pegs as one crosses a 2x4 or other obsticle on the road. Sitting down will produce a pogo effect and can cause the rider to loose control of the motorcycle.
is a 2x4 a normal obstacle in the road? What about possoms?

Back