Stabil Fuel Stablizer

(Hy_Rolr @ Jan. 04 2007,08:09) I can't believe none of you guys have heard of Fitch Fuel Catalyst or have you?...Check it out really. I use it in everything.
Fitch Fuel Catalyst
are those the famous "gas pills" that you can get? I hope you were kidding and being sarcastic.
poke.gif
. those rank up there with the gas magnets and ionizers kits. all junk.

(Mr. Anderson @ Jan. 04 2007,20:12)
(Hy_Rolr @ Jan. 04 2007,08:09) I can't believe none of you guys have heard of Fitch Fuel Catalyst or have you?...Check it out really. I use it in everything.
Fitch Fuel Catalyst
are those the famous "gas pills" that you can get? I hope you were kidding and being sarcastic.  
poke.gif
.  those rank up there with the gas magnets and  ionizers kits. all junk.
NO, they are absolutely not like all those snake oil remedies that you mentioned, they have been proven to do exactly what they claim by leading independent labratories. If you use the link I provided you can see for yourself, even do searches on your own. I still haven't read anything that says they are not what they claim.

And I forgot to mention I had a 2001 model Victory Sport Cruiser and had them in the tank for 3 years, every winter that bike would sit in the garage for 2 1/2 to 3 months with a full tank of gas, and when i got her ready for spring riding the fuel still smelled fresh and the bike ran perfectly, when I traded that bike in for my currrent 2004 Victory Kingpin I took them out of the SC tank and transferred them to the Kingpin and their still in there and that bike hasn't been run for a couple of months now because I'm spending all my time riding the 'busa but I'm not worried because I KNOW it will be fine, and I just received my new set of Fitch Catalyst today in the mail and they will be in the 'busa's tank tomorrow.

Sorry if I seem overzealous about this product but it's a rare occasion when there's a subject that I have complete confidence in and willing to share my experience with anyone that's interested. I just feel that a one time solution that works for the life of your bike is better than messing with any additives you have to use over and over such as stabilizers, fuel sys. cleaners, octane boosters and the like, when this option is one time and that's it and it does everything all those other products do and more.

Didn't put it in the dirt bike one winter. When spring came, had to empty the fuel tank and put in fresh fuel. Just out of curiousity I tried to light the old fuel with a match. Wouldn't burn
wink.gif

I didn't see this mentioned but you can also use Marvel Mystery oil.. Does the same job and can also go in the crankcase. Been around for 50 years.

BUSAFETT

Thanks for all the great info. Old Blue is now good to go with Stabil and even put some in the old Z28 since I don't drive it but about once a year! Cheers and keep the rubber side down!
beerchug.gif

(porterfm @ Jan. 05 2007,20:32) Thanks for all the great info. Old Blue is now good to go with Stabil and even put some in the old Z28 since I don't drive it but about once a year! Cheers and keep the rubber side down!
beerchug.gif
Once a YEAR??!! My friend, you are not worthy of a Busa.. Try saying this word: VESSSSSSS-pa..
biggrin.gif

(BUSAFETT @ Jan. 05 2007,18:54)
(porterfm @ Jan. 05 2007,20
zzwhip.gif
) Thanks for all the great info.  Old Blue is now good to go with Stabil and even put some in the old Z28 since I don't drive it but about once a year!  Cheers and keep the rubber side down!  
beerchug.gif
Once a YEAR??!!   My friend, you are not worthy of a Busa..  Try saying this word: VESSSSSSS-pa..    
biggrin.gif
Very worthy of the busa! it's the Z28 that only gets out about once a year! Collector car!

Bumper_Brace___Headlight_Assembly_005.jpg

(carolinadoublej @ Jan. 04 2007,12:36) Seafoam! SeaFoam
just curious HOW one would use this on a busa? Do you take off the tank and dump the stuff in the FI system and then the oil filler like the vid says or just pour so much in the fuel tank and call it a day?

Don't flame since i didn't create the stuff, sell the stuff, or witness anyone who's used it firsthand so it's just a question i'm asking. I don't see a video of someone dumping it into a junker car as a good reference to how one should use it on a prestine high performance bike like the busa either. Main note is i doubt you'd use the whole can for a bike as opposed to a car.
beerchug.gif

just put the suggested ammount in the fuel tank, I would only put it in the oil before a oil change.

(COLDSTONE1298 @ Jan. 06 2007,19:42)
(carolinadoublej @ Jan. 04 2007,12:36) Seafoam!   SeaFoam
just curious HOW one would use this on a busa? Do you take off the tank and dump the stuff in the FI system and then the oil filler like the vid says or just pour so much in the fuel tank and call it a day?

Don't flame since i didn't create the stuff, sell the stuff, or witness anyone who's used it firsthand so it's just a question i'm asking. I don't see a video of someone dumping it into a junker car as a good reference to how one should use it on a prestine high performance bike like the busa either. Main note is i doubt you'd use the whole can for a bike as opposed to a car.
beerchug.gif
Put in gas tank. I put half a can in w/ full tank of gas. Then go for a ride. You now have an excuse to hit it hard a few times ( have to mix up gas
rock.gif
). Anyway. It will get in fuel whole system if you ride for a good half hour ride or more.

I learned about the stuff working at Car Quest auto parts. It was the only thing the long time Hardley guy would use. He said the other stabilizers like stabil and mystery oil were great for cars, but screwed up the carbs on the hardleys. He found that the Seafoam made the bikes run cleaner and kept the engines clean along with stabilizing gas. He rebuilt Hardleys in his garage and said his pistons and valves looked awesome with the stuff. He ran it all year long.

Stabil is good stuff.

Marvels I prefer and will always swear by. I've used it to unfreeze a 76 Zuki 90cc dirtbike engine that seized, didn't run for crap, but it unlocked it.

Seafoam...no way in he!! I'd put that in my Busa. I use it to clean the carbon out of LSx engines though. How to use it for that, simply d/c your brake booster vacuum hose, slowly drip seafoam in while engine is running at high step rpm, and you can also shoot 1/4 cup into each cylinder via a vacuum hose into the spark plug hole, let sit over night and fire it up, high rpm's help or else the plugs foul. Change plugs, and do it again months later depending on oil consumption. Not for the Busa, at least not mine.

(porterfm @ Jan. 03 2007,19:20) Bike is down for the winter already for about a 40 or so days.  Will bring her back out around late Mar or Apr.  So with around 120 days or so without a ride, should I use a fuel stabilizer or not?  Thoughts plz.......
Holy shnike 120+ days!!! man I get pissed when I can't ride for 3-4 days.
laugh.gif

I don't use anything. My bike stays in an unheated garage in Chicago. I just top it off with gas and start it for 10 minutes every 20 days. I have never had a problem with any of my bikes this way.

Back