Srp/ Steadman Motorsport Fiasco

SNAFU

Registered
Gday all

I am posting up my experience with Steadman Motorsport regarding a water/air intercooler purchase that started 03/23/15 and has just been resolved, my aim here is not to be a keyboard hero and talk poop on someones business, but more try and make people fully aware of what they may be getting into with certain vendors when planning out their build.

The first plenum had the following issues
• tank would not go anywhere near closing and hit the top lh corner of the plenum hard
•the inlet pipe didnt line up with ram air hole, would have to be cut off and re worked
• the -10 an fittings were damaged and the flanges were flat spotted, also hit cam position sensor with no hose fitting in place.

Rang Jay and he told me basically he doesnt believe me and wants to hear from a qualified fabricator. Cool, so off i go with the bike at my expense to a fab shop at $80 an hour. 3 hours later after trying all manner of things no luck, its not going to fit. Fabricator contact Jay and its agreed to send it back. This is mid june. Jay gets the plenum and tells me that the secondary injectors and rail I had added were the problem and once he removed these it fitted, absolute bullshit! In a video he sent me you could clearly see some mods he had done to the inlet elbow. And at this stage he is calling out my mechanical ability as the problem..... alarm bells are ringing loud and clear for me. Is this guy going to keep my money and send this POS back????

After a few weeks of me calling/ emailing I get ahold of him again and he agrees to make a new style Billet plenum and make a new top lid with injector wells for me. Well, very generous I thought, yes it had cost me 2 lots of freight and 3 hrs labour plus labour & parts for the secondaries I had installed but hey, if I get a billet plenum that fits its all worth it! Right? Wrong........

So I receive the billet plenum late November!!! Yes, 5 months later. And I paid freight and fees again, he would not touch that as it cost him already to make a new plenum lid!!! Ok, the big moment arrives and it does not fit again... I think the neighbours thought I was murdering someone in my shed that night.

Second plenum had the following issues
  • Tank did not close again, no heat shield, spaced rear and front of tank etc...
  • -10 AN on rh side ran through throttle cables to the point that the throttle would get stuck WFO
  • Secondary fuel line were crushed as tank was lowered down into place( bolt holes not in alignment)
  • Inlet pipe was jammed up against ram air in frame and no room for clamp there. Also pipe was hard up on frame.
So its late November and the second plenum does not fit. I cant get ahold of the guy, hes never there and his shop hands cant help.

I call Frank at Powerhouse, order and Ultra 1000 with billet rail. I get email after email from Richard at RCC with confirmation photos of where I want the fittings and how its looking. I get the plenum and its in my hands late December. put it on and it fits with heat shield and lines installed. Im a happy camper at this point except for that other guy that owes me some money.....

I sent the SRP plenum back 11/22/2015 and received a refund from him on 01/27/2016. At the end of the day the refund was $1440 USD. Im well and truly out of pocket but glad to at least get some money back from this guy. I can move on. This is an overview of the events, what it doesn't show is the stress financially and emotionally this poop puts on you. Im very fortunate I have an awesome wife, she forced me to order the ultra 1000.

So moral of the story here for people looking at going turbo:
  • Don't cheap out and buy an inferior product like I did. A poor man always pays twice.
  • Do more research on vendors before you buy, I went off someones word but he was not to know
  • Invest in some hair dye as you will go grey and/or bald if you deal with business men like this. :)

I have included some pics of the second billet plenum below.

IMG_1957.JPG
IMG_1960.JPG
IMG_1956.JPG
IMG_1959.JPG

Thanks

Glen

Geeze...

Can't say this is the first time I've read/heard of something like this from them. Jay used to be a stand up guy, and at least a good tuner. Only thing I hear now a days is stuff like this. Of course he's working with Dennis now, and that's a whole other story.

Glad you got things lined out.

Thanks 4 your testimonial and I'm glad you got things straightened out.

Most people on here already know what the deal is when it comes to turbos & busa's..... It's RCC or nothing!!!

We got 2 great sponsors on here that have a heap of knowledge regarding turbos and deal in RCC brand products. I wouldn't even consider another option no matter how enticing a deal may be......

Glen I recall reading similar horror stories about SRP on this forum over the years,seems he is not likely to change his ways anytime soon.

And TMH is now with Stedman? Oh boy....

And to think it took you less than a year to get this worked out . . . unbelievable. For a time, both Stedman and Dennis claimed they were selling RCC products, so don't be fooled. POWERHOUSE has sold, installed and tuned almost everything out there - starting with Mr. Turbo back in the 70s, pro comp and street Hahn setups, and Velocity, to name a few. We have been with RCC well over a decade now and can easily say that RCC has the best finish and fitment and is the only system we have ever had with a two year warranty. Richard is all about customer service and standing behind his whole line of products. You can be sure that POWERHOUSE and BOOSTED CYCLE will always do the same.

Glen, I was more than happy to help with your build and to get all the details worked out prior to sending that new plenum your way. I am looking forward to your impressions after that first ride. It's all about happy endings! :cheerleader:

Back