Sprockets for extended busa

Saulmf76

Registered
Hi ,im new in to hayabusas and im gonna swap the swingarm that comes with the bike for a chromed one,my busa is a 2018 ,what do i need in order to make this possible,the chromed swingarm is from a 2008 busa,a friend told me that i need a 36 inches brake line ( im gonna use the extensions on this new swingarm and i want to go like 3 inches extended,nothing spectacular) a new set of bearings for the swingarm,new chain( 530 × 120) what else other than that or if my friend is wrong what do i really need,thanks

If I read it right you are only extending 3". You may find the stock brake line is long enough. I don't remember the max stretch on a stock line. You already mentioned longer chain, but be aware a 120 isn't much longer than stock which I believe is 114 links. You don't need to change the sprocket but the purpose of stretching is typically drag racing which benefits from different sprockets.

Not 100% clear on what you're doing from what you wrote. But if you're talking (Bolt On Extensions) I would think twice... Just my opinion...

Yes bolt on extensions can crack the stock swing arm look cool but not the right answer. Power House sponsor makes a 4" over that looks stock if one doesn't know what to look for won't even be noticed very trick. Order steel brake lines 4" longer than stock or how ever longer swing arm will be.

Ok let me explain again and guys thanks for your replies,i have a 2018 hayabusa,im changing all the stock parts for chromed ones and i bought a chromed swingarm from a 2007 hayabusa,i dont like to run the bike fast so for me its more the way the bike looks,i want to change the stock swingarm for the chromed one that i bought and extend the bike just a few inches,around 3 or 4 would be perfect for me and is just to give the bike that strectched look,i want to change the color of the rear sprocket to red but i dont know wich one is the right one,i want to know whats the right chain to buy and what else do i need to make this thing happen,also i need the right measurement of the brake line and a friend told me that i will need a brake caliper mount because of the change of swingarm,ill be really appreciated if someone can explain me what to get,thanks

If you want a quality sprocket, and in red, get a SuperSprox
www.pashnit.com

You will need a different rear caliper mount(and possibly more hub parts), as 99-07 is gen1, and 08-19 is gen2.
If you bought a stock length swingarm, then you are adding extension blocks, correct?
And as Dennis said above, you will need a longer chain, as 120(only 6 more than stock) will be too short.

If you want a quality sprocket, and in red, get a SuperSprox
www.pashnit.com

You will need a different rear caliper mount(and possibly more hub parts), as 99-07 is gen1, and 08-19 is gen2.
If you bought a stock length swingarm, then you are adding extension blocks, correct?
And as Dennis said above, you will need a longer chain, as 120(only 6 more than stock) will be too short.
Ok so the chain can be 130

Ok let me explain again and guys thanks for your replies,i have a 2018 hayabusa,im changing all the stock parts for chromed ones and i bought a chromed swingarm from a 2007 hayabusa,i dont like to run the bike fast so for me its more the way the bike looks,i want to change the stock swingarm for the chromed one that i bought and extend the bike just a few inches,around 3 or 4 would be perfect for me and is just to give the bike that strectched look,i want to change the color of the rear sprocket to red but i dont know wich one is the right one,i want to know whats the right chain to buy and what else do i need to make this thing happen,also i need the right measurement of the brake line and a friend told me that i will need a brake caliper mount because of the change of swingarm,ill be really appreciated if someone can explain me what to get,thanks
On first post you said swing arm came out of an 2008 and on this post you are saying it came out of a 2007. 2007= gen1 and 2008= gen2. Someone can confirm, but I didn’t think swingarms were interchangeable(?) between them.

On first post you said swing arm came out of an 2008 and on this post you are saying it came out of a 2007. 2007= gen1 and 2008= gen2. Someone can confirm, but I didn’t think swingarms were interchangeable(?) between them.
Came out of a 2007 sorry

Swingarms Are different, but frames are the same(gen2 frame has 2 or 4 extra holes for fairings, otherwise the same).
Rear brakes are different.

Swingarms Are different, but frames are the same(gen2 frame has 2 or 4 extra holes for fairings, otherwise the same).
Rear brakes are different.
Axles are different though that is the one thing.
I second the powerhouse stealth arms!
I have an adams going on my bike.

3” over will need chain and brake line I wouldn’t chance it. Brake line is cheap enough. The ek530 is the way to go and the supersprox steel sprockets are a good choice I am going to try a vortex sprocket in aluminum but I have heard they wear quickly.

Get a chain that is too long, then cut it to the length you want. Only a few $$ more and then you are sure. I only run rivet links. Most chains come with clip links. I have a Gen1 Macintosh arm on a Gen2 bike but I don't run a rear brake. The difference in arms, as noted, is the brake stay. My arm has the bracket on the bottom for the Gen1 brake but I don't use it. Many aftermarket arms use a simple triangle mounted to the caliper to push on the arm itself to keep them from rotating. This can affect the length of hose you need. Assemble the bike then measure what length hose you need.

Get a chain that is too long, then cut it to the length you want. Only a few $$ more and then you are sure. I only run rivet links. Most chains come with clip links. I have a Gen1 Macintosh arm on a Gen2 bike but I don't run a rear brake. The difference in arms, as noted, is the brake stay. My arm has the bracket on the bottom for the Gen1 brake but I don't use it. Many aftermarket arms use a simple triangle mounted to the caliper to push on the arm itself to keep them from rotating. This can affect the length of hose you need. Assemble the bike then measure what length hose you need.

This^

Axles are different though that is the one thing.
I second the powerhouse stealth arms!
I have an adams going on my bike.

3” over will need chain and brake line I wouldn’t chance it. Brake line is cheap enough. The ek530 is the way to go and the supersprox steel sprockets are a good choice I am going to try a vortex sprocket in aluminum but I have heard they wear quickly.

Well, if you're aggressive with the throttle like me, and like wheelies, pass on Vortex.
I had an aluminum 46t Vortex, and broke 4 teeth off of it(yes, chain and suspension properly adjusted).
So, I got the Vortex Hardcoat because it's stronger...and only broke 8 teeth on it.

I’m with six, it’s best to steer clear of the aluminum.
I was helping a fellow member get money for more upgrades and bought his aluminum that I will run for a while. But I eventually will go to light weight steel.

Back