sprocket setup

gunsavy

Registered
what sprocket setup would offer better acceleration with out losing to much top speed how many teeth front and back

I'm -1/+2 on my gen1....absolutely crazy acceleration, but I top out at a true 180 with a tre. Thats fast enough for me on the road tho :thumbsup:

I have a 16 thooth steel jt Never used if you want it, i was 17, 43. I was going to install the 16 but never got the chance. 16-43 is allot of low end, go ahead and do that how often do you see the top end anyway:whistle:

here it is!!!

DSC00823.jpg

front sprockets from gen 1 and gen 2 are not the same...they have different output shafts sizes...is yours a gen 1 or 2?

I just recently went +3 on the rear (43t) sprocket on my gen1 and LOVE the improved acceleration . I was also happy to find it didn't increase my hiway RPM enuf to be annoying . As a side note , down one in the front is about equal to up 2.4 in the rear , so very similar . My 'Busa will now roll-on wheelie with no clutching , throttle-chopping or jerking at any RPM over about 4,700 (in first anyway) just nail the throttle and it will rise , much more like a liter bike . On stock gearing I had to be above 5,500 and chop the throttle a bit to get the front wheel off the ground .

Last edited:
Back