Sprint air filter question

Dopey

Donating Member
Registered
After looking around and reading a lot of people like @c10 saying they had issues with the sprint air filters letting smaller dirt thru I pretty much decided I didn't want one. Well I seen a post on fb from @ChrisMooreMafia showing some of the stuff he likes to use from brocks when he's putting bikes together and one of them was a sprint filter that didn't look like the ones I had seen. So I looked them up again and came across 2 different ones the first being the usual 100 dollar one and the second being almost 250 and is the one I seen Chris posted. I read thru the differences listed and I see the more expensive one says water resistant and a few other things not listed on the cheaper one so I'm wondering if anyone has ran the more expensive one and if it had the same issue with letting the smaller stuff thru and if they had any proof as to better airflow? Also curious if this thing is worth that much, the info I read on it is kind of confusing as it says it let's more air flow thru but says a lot of the latest 600 and 1000cc bikes can use it without needing tuning. I was gonna go with a k&n just for the cleaning aspect then started looking at their race version but I know that's probably gonna be letting some stuff i don't want get thru. I do try to stay away from excessively dusty conditions but since I've decided I'm gonna try and get my bike to a dyno instead of buying a bazzaz or power commander i figure i might as well try to squeeze a little extra out of her where I can as long as it's not gonna hurt me in the long run.
Screenshot_20210216-182123_Google.jpg
Screenshot_20210216-181647_Google.jpg

As always thanks for any info :beerchug:

• Sprint Filter P08 Suzuki Hayabusa (08-20)​

• Single layer polyester
  • P08 material currently used in MotoGP and WSBK
  • Innovative polyester material allows for consistent airflow
  • Steel wire mesh with epoxy varnish finish
  • Optimized filter surface area provides more airflow, more power and more filtration
  • Increased air permeability and filtration efficiency when compared to cotton air filters
  • Airflow: 5,050 l/m2/sec. / Filtration: 80μm
  • Can be cleaned using only compressed air
  • Dry filter, no oil treatments required

Sprint Filter P08 F1-85 Suzuki Hayabusa (08-20)​

• Single layer water-resistant polyester
  • P08 F1-85 material currently used in MotoGP and WSBK
  • Highest existing permeability of any air filter on the market
  • Innovative polyester material allows for consistent airflow
  • Steel wire mesh with epoxy varnish finish
  • Patented PTFE (Teflon™) treatment creates a water-resistant barrier
  • Optimized filter surface area provides more airflow, more power and more filtration
  • Increased air permeability and filtration efficiency when compared to cotton air filters
  • Airflow: 15,000 l/m2/sec. / Filtration: 85μm
  • Can be cleaned using only compressed air
  • Dry filter, no oil treatments required

Just back away , save your coin , and use a K&N or other brand oil air filter . You see the video of baking powder going through the sprint filters ? I had Fking Sand in my air box ! $250 sprint may make great dyno power / work in road racing but in a daily rider you're just asking for a problem you can not afford ;)

Sorry no experience with the sprint but If I was to use a oil type air filter again I would buy the DNA over the K&N having tried both the DNA seems to be better sturdier quality made air filter to me anyway :thumbsup:

Just back away , save your coin , and use a K&N or other brand oil air filter . You see the video of baking powder going through the sprint filters ? I had Fking Sand in my air box ! $250 sprint may make great dyno power / work in road racing but in a daily rider you're just asking for a problem you can not afford ;)
You have any experience with the kn race filter Bryan? Just curious if it's gonna let stuff thru

It was before the Sprint air filter was available but I was told a race air filter would make +2 peak hp at best and the difference in fueling from a stock air filter is negligible. You can just take your air filter out if you need that extra 2 peak hp for a race. I've used a BMC race filter on my other bike and I can't feel any difference from stock. It ran fine on a map made with a BMC race filter and my exact pipe and it ran fine with the pipe and stock filter. The tuner even told me it doesn't make enough difference in flow that you can tune for it specifically. It's not worth it to me to run the bike with a race filter for the riding I do. I have my race filters if I do a closed course event but for every day, stock's just as good and I know I'm not causing any premature wear on the engine..

Back