Splitting Traffic?

Okay now I don't want to restart the Alamo or anything but I have never seen a worse bunch of drivers (collectively as a group, there surely are exceptions) than Texans! 55 in the fast lane, never use turn signals, not paying attention.

BJ,
As a native Texan let me assure you that no offence has been taken. I obviously consider myself an exception to that generality and probably most bike riders as well. I grew up in Houston and now live in San Antonio, home of the lowest average motorist I.Q. on the face of the planet!

When I was in high school, a friend's dad told me he saw a bike riding the emergency lane as he was waiting in a line of traffic and intentionally pulled his pickup out in front of him, forcing the guy to ditch his bike! It would take a helluva lot of re-education to make lane-splitting survivable here.

Yeah Dingo HOV is all yours. Just be careful of the dorks doing the 4 lane merge to it w/o looking, I alomost got squashed into the divider on my 750.

Where are ya here?

Kurt in Alpharetta

The only time I split lanes is when 2 cars will not pass each other on the highway. Best to do it fast before they know what just happened. Damm cell phones, buy the time you complete the pass there on nark 55 and talking to the police. Thank god these things hall *** !

Ive driven/rode all 48 states.(ex-trucker)My own list of worst drivers by state is,#1)Maryland,people are lost at best.#2)mass.(massholes)so bad they invented and use breakaway poles,the kind that stay suspended when snapped in half.#3)conn.no need for bad weather for them to launch the family wagon into the weeds on the roof. NYC gets honorable mention,thier not so much bad, as they are crazy.but then again what do I know.

Back