Spiegler lines and heli bars

shenanigans

Registered
Hey everyone,

I'm just wondering what lengths that everyone used when ordering custom lines when your running the heli bars. I'm thinking about running the Spiegler lines and heard that most with heli bars are running 1-1 1/2 inches over stock length...how many inches is this total? I would be running the one line and crossover at the calipers kit for the 08- heard the two lines from the master cylinder requires body trimming...

You just need to tell them +1-1/2" over stock. If you do the clutch also add to that one also.

I have 3/4" Rrisers and had them add 1" to get a little extra...just in case.

Are you sure you will have to trim on the 08?. I would think there would be enough room there for the 2 banjo bolts?

Plenty of room for a double-banjo in the stock master cylinder.

I went with 1.25" extra length when I installed my Speigler lines with the Heli-Bars.

I have Heli bars and went with Speiglers and just called them and told them 1 1/2 inches over stock.
They came and were plenty long enough.
Went with 1 inch risers after that and there was still lots of length.

The only plastic trimming that needs to be done to run the two line set is on the lower bracket cover(the thin plastic air dam attached to the lower triple clamp). Just enlarge the slot the stock line goes through. 30 seconds with a sharp boxcutter at most. I'm running Helibars and 3/4" Genmar with +1" Spieglers on clutch and brake.

If you are just running the Helibars without risers stock length will do. There is a post on here about allowing for play when you install them. If you are replacing the lines anyway it won't hurt to go 1 1/2" longer though.

Back