Speedo Inop Update

I will look for the fuse, do you have a manual?

Check the connection that goes into the cluster, you may have knocked it and it worked loose.
Posted via Mobile Device

I will look for the fuse, do you have a manual?

Check the connection that goes into the cluster, you may have knocked it and it worked loose.
Posted via Mobile Device

The wire harness is locked in tight at the back of the cluster.

I looked through the manual, but I can't find anything on the fuses.

BTW, I really appreciate all of the help you guys are providing.

here are some post to read... if you have not already

this one had to replace the cluster...
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/busa-problems/140283-speedometer-issues.html

this one unpluged it at the cluster and pluged it back in.
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/87510-speedometer-not-working.html

do you have a speedohealer?

Does your odometer work?

here is a test you can run on the speedometer sensor

sppedo test page.jpg

tighting up all the highlighted bolts, thats where your speedo sensor is mounted. it may have worked itself loose.

speedsensorrepairhighlt.jpg

here are some post to read... if you have not already

this one had to replace the cluster...
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/busa-problems/140283-speedometer-issues.html

this one unpluged it at the cluster and pluged it back in.
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/87510-speedometer-not-working.html

do you have a speedohealer?

Does your odometer work?

here is a test you can run on the speedometer sensor

Unfortunately, I don't have a speedohealer.

The odomemeter does work...for what's it's worth. Right now it's showing 92, but I've been riding it an it hasn't changed in a while.

I don't have a multi-meter/ohm meter and resistor to do that test.

The odomemeter does work...for what's it's worth. Right now it's showing 92, but I've been riding it an it hasn't changed in a while.

So... if you have been riding it and it hasnt moved from 92 then its NOT working right?

if the odometer AND the speedometer dont work then its probally your speed sensor. At leaset thats the common thing. I did a search on google and thats the main thing coming back.

So... if you have been riding it and it hasnt moved from 92 then its NOT working right?

if the odometer AND the speedometer dont work then its probally your speed sensor. At leaset thats the common thing. I did a search on google and thats the main thing coming back.

That's what I've been thinking as well. It seems that it takes a while for the odo numbers to change. Riding from my house to work is about 5-8 minutes at 40kmh. It's about 1.5 miles to and fro. For nothing else, I should at least register 3 miles each day...pending the weather.

Don't know which fuse on the buss it is, my 1k was set up a little diff. Just check them all. Or buy a dvom and check to see that you are even getting power to the correct pin in your plug. Don't just throw parts at it cuz u can reuse a tool, but what will you do with 2 speed sensors.

Re: Speedo Inop Update w/Pics

1. This is where the original ballasts were mounted.
2. These are the slim ballasts that I replaced the old ones with.
3. This is the new location of the ballasts.

P6085059.jpg

P6085068.jpg

P6085069.jpg

P6085072.jpg

Had the same thing happen to my gen 2 for about a week. Only RPMs worked, some how it corrected itself and have the speedo again.

I cant find the speedo fuse (if there is one) everything keeps coming back to that speed sensor.

I agree with rac3r, if you should get a tool to check it before you replace it. It can become very expensive doing diagnostics by replacing parts.

Fellas,

I just changed the speed sensor. I used the one that was on my K2 Katana 600(same part). To no avail, still no result. I checked the fuses, and all that are in the box are good. The only one that I'm not sure about is the rectangular one that is attached to the outside of the fuse block. I'm going to sum it up as being the cluster. Before I took it on the street, I did the gauge reset, disconnected the headlights and all. Still DOA. I appreciate ya'll for the help in every way. Looks like I gotta drop a duece....$200 for another one.

That sucks I was hoped it was an easy fix... I guess a new cluster is easy just expensive.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back