Speedo Electricals

quadb0y

Registered
OK,
The streetfighter project is moving along nicely, The wiring harness is next to be customised. There's not enough room for the stock speedo so it's up for replacement.

I need to still use the FI & Oil pressure LEDs to know if something is wrong. Fuel & neutral would be nice but not necessary.

Has anyone fiddled around with the wiring of the stock speedo ? I've checked through the wiring diagrams from the service manual, they were a great help but still not enough.

Another idea I had was I could create my own circuit from the Oil Pressure sensor and ground, then when this circuit closes my LED will light .. but I'm not 100% sure if that's how this sensor works. It's a single back to the harness.

The FI is a tricky one, I suspect it comes from 1 of 2 wires direct from ECU to speedo .. Yellow/Blue or Black/Green. But Y/Bl is +0.9V and B/G is +5V whether (ignition on) the kill switch is on/off, or the FI LED is ON or off (pulling a wire from throttle bodies to trip). So I can't detect from these when the FI LED should be lit.

Any ideas ?

Check out this site for some gauges they can also build what you want for alittle extra
Dakota Digitial Gauges Click on the Dakota Digiital link and mabey that can help ya out good luck with the project be nice to see some pics when it's done

Back