Speed 0 healer

mzrsq

Busaless
Donating Member
Registered
I know this has been discussed before, but if using the speedo healer and changing to a 220 faceplate, does that throw your mileage off even more.

From reading, I'm under the impression that the speedohealer can only be set to correct one area, either speedometer or odometer.

So infact, if you went to a 220 gauge face, the mileage would be off even more.

Am I correct, or completely looney.

Appreciate any additonal info........

Looking to get some illumiglo gauges and trying to decide what to get.

Thanks

If your mileage is on, then your speedo is on!
If your speedo is on, then your mileage is on!
The two are interlocked. I have never changed the speedo to the 220 gauge, my stock busa won't bury the speedo I have now? I don't see why you can't install a 220 speedo and adjust that puppy correctly with the speedo healer?

As TufBusa said, speedometer and odometer readings are linked. Think of it this way, if you travel for 1 hour at 180 MPH (that would be hauling) you have traveled 180 miles. However, if your speed was actually 165 MPH then you have only gone 165 miles. There's your link. The SpeedoHealer will only correct for one, but due to that link corrects for both. If you calibrate your 220 MPH gauges correctly there will be no problem with mileage because you have removed the error. Hope that makes sense.

same as tufbusa...
smile.gif

As TufBusa said, speedometer and odometer readings are linked.  Think of it this way, if you travel for 1 hour at 180 MPH (that would be hauling) you have traveled 180 miles.  However, if your speed was actually 165 MPH then you have only gone 165 miles.  There's your link.  The SpeedoHealer will only correct for one, but due to that link corrects for both.  If you calibrate your 220 MPH gauges correctly there will be no problem with mileage because you have removed the error.  Hope that makes sense.
EXACTLY what BigBS said...

Thanks guys, guess I was confused cause when you use the sites calculator they ask if you want to correct for speedometer or odometer. I wasn't sure if the two were directly related or if they were picked up seperately by the busa.

Guess all I really needed to know is that if you correct one, the other is corrected along with it.

Thanks Guys.

if you switch to the 220 face plates, your odometer is going to be completely off! The only way to get the two to sink properly is to change to the 220 gauge cluster and NOT just use the speedohealer... Keep in mind that the 220 face plates, are just that, face plates to change your visual.

If you ask me its a good thing. THe odometer won't rack up miles as quick with the 220 speedo.

Back