Speaker systems

blackbullet

Registered
Has anyone installed a speaker system on their bike? I just got my kit in and am going to try to find out how to install it somehow this weekend. Theres a vid on youtube, it is a zx-10 but the install is pretty clean.
- Elegant Sportbike Motorcycle Speakers[/url] This guy talks a lot but towards the end you can actually hear the system

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't have any but have seen some around at our local bike nights. Some of them, not sure which brands, didn't sound very good. Some were better than others, and a few were very nice. Have you researched what kind of power draw it will have. I know bike charging systems aren't the greatest, not like cars anyway. I know they are only 4" speakers but seems like any kind of amplifier would tax the battery if ran for any length of time while off. Good luck and take some pics!

I would hope to maybe have a second battery installed. I thought about the same thing before. Looking to find a small scooter battery to mount under the gas tank if I were to do this.

well ive known another guy that installed this on his cruiser, and he hasnt had any problems yet with the battery. im still in the process of installing mine, cant figure out on how im ginog to mount the speakers...trying to get best look/best mounting capabilities but i think ive got an idea on how im giong to do it and once i get it togther ill put some pictures on here and see what you guys think.

Have had a couple friends do systems on their bikes and the one thing I can say is you need to use quality parts and protect you wiring. The wiring was the main issue they would have with their systems.

Looks Like a quality system look forward to seeing finished pics to bad you cannot choose Chrome or Black enclosures like choice of differant grills they offer. Think I would cut the holes in the side panels and flush mount them like Rhythm did with his custom install.

Has anyone installed a speaker system on their bike? I just got my kit in and am going to try to find out how to install it somehow this weekend. Theres a vid on youtube, it is a zx-10 but the install is pretty clean.
- Elegant Sportbike Motorcycle Speakers[/url] This guy talks a lot but towards the end you can actually hear the system

That amplifier is not 200 watts RMS. If it was, the bike would shut off after 15 minutes of use. It is more likely 18-20 watts RMS, if that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted to do the flush mount but i dont have time/even know where to begin with that. Whatever wattage it is, they are loud and sound good. The housings are just a piaa light housing so if a person wanted they could change it out to the black housing. My install might not look as nice as the flush mount but everyone is different

Like this? :laugh:

Img_1329_Custom.jpg

Img_1331_Custom.jpg

Img_1333_Custom.jpg

Img_1329_Custom.jpg

Img_1331_Custom.jpg

Img_1333_Custom.jpg

GET A HOLD OF RHYTHM, HE DID THE NICEST, CLEANEST, MOST INVISIBLE system on the busa Ive ever seen.

Subwoofer, tweaters, mid's amp, 2nd battery, and the dayum bike still looked stock. CLEANEST sound when riding beside him. You can hear it in the helmet at 85mph without a 2nd thought.

NOW GETTING HIS SECRET OUT. Hell I couldnt even do that. It was nice though.

JD

Back