Speak out "dunlop qualifier" owners..

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
Okay folks...I know some of you out there besides me must've spooned some new dunlop quali's on yer busa's by now so....lets hear it....where my rave reviews a figment of my psychotic imagination or?...was I spot on?

and no loyalty please..just the raw stinging truth.

T.I.A. and L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

I have front and rear on mine now and I absolutely love them. They are THE BEST handling street tire I have ever ridden on. They give complete confidence in the bike for sure. I have scraped pegs several times with these tires since I got them. I had just a rear put on the first time, but got a nail in it and decided to put both on this time. Great tire and great price. Try it.

I have front and rear on mine now and I absolutely love them. They are THE BEST handling street tire I have ever ridden on. They give complete confidence in the bike for sure. I have scraped pegs several times with these tires since I got them. I had just a rear put on the first time, but got a nail in it and decided to put both on this time. Great tire and great price. Try it.
cool...and thanks for responding...anybody else?
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149904692 -->

I'm in on the party Bill-got mine in april i think- i put up ost when i threw'em on; n like u guys, I seriously LOVE these tires. better response, more reassuring grip...everything a tire should be, including fairly priced.

had D208 zr before this...Qualifiers are waaaaaay better, n just a tad more loot. i have nearly 3k on them, n they're getting better every day.:)

I'm in on the party Bill-got mine in april i think- i put up ost when i threw'em on; n like u guys, I seriously LOVE these tires. better response, more reassuring grip...everything a tire should be, including fairly priced.

had D208 zr before this...Qualifiers are waaaaaay better, n just a tad more loot. i have nearly 3k on them, n they're getting better every day.:)
3K miles on'em and gett'in better every day?...wow!...sweet..and very cool to hear..thanks Big D!
biggrin.gif

I've only had mine a week and with ribs still healing I'm not to hell-bent on seeing what they'll do.......yet. I'm heading back up to the gap next weekend and then up to WV. I'm sure they'll get some use there.
One thing I've noticed since they've been on is that they are noisier than the BT's. There is a slight howling to them at speed. I checked to make sure the dealer didn't have anything over tightened and everything is fine there. The wheels spin easily when the bike is on the stands.

Anyone else notice this?

Could anyone provide a comparison to the Pilot Powers? I have run two set of them so far and also have them on the gixxer 600. I give them a 8 for feedback, 10 confidence, and 6 wear.

I've only had mine a week and with ribs still healing I'm not to hell-bent on seeing what they'll do.......yet. I'm heading back up to the gap next weekend and then up to WV. I'm sure they'll get some use there.
One thing I've noticed since they've been on is that they are noisier than the BT's. There is a slight howling to them at speed. I checked to make sure the dealer didn't have anything over tightened and everything is fine there. The wheels spin easily when the bike is on the stands.

Anyone else notice this?
I haven't noticed any "howling at speed"...however I do hear that tacky azz sound at low speed like a deep pile paint roller loaded with paint makes when rolled on a flat wall...and that's all STICK baby!
biggrin.gif

Then again?...my ears ain't the greatest either...years of working in machine shops, rock bands, gun ranges and motorcycling...but have you checked your air pressure?

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Hey "Sweet William" glad to hear your happy with those qualifiers. I personally have not tried them but I do pay attention to feedback from other users, especially the long time well experienced guys (Such as you of course) :-)

However, I did try out a set of Dunlop Sportmax GP's at the track yesterday. I was totally impressed. Those puppies are equally as good as the Pirelli Dragons I was on. Just an absolutely superb tire. Rock solid through anything you wanted to toss at it.

Funny thing was, we had two seperate, very nasty, high sides yesterday sending one rider off in the meat wagon and they were both riding on Michelins? I think the powers are good tires but it seems, from what I've seen and heard from fellow riders, when they turn loose, they really let go and you will bust your arse!

Thanks for the good info Bill aka "Sweet William"
biggrin.gif

Hey "Sweet William" glad to hear your happy with those qualifiers. I personally have not tried them but I do pay attention to feedback from other users, especially the long time well experienced guys (Such as you of course) :-)

However, I did try out a set of Dunlop Sportmax GP's at the track yesterday. I was totally impressed. Those puppies are equally as good as the Pirelli Dragons I was on. Just an absolutely superb tire. Rock solid through anything you wanted to toss at it.

Funny thing was, we had two seperate, very nasty, high sides yesterday sending one rider off in the meat wagon and they were both riding on Michelins?  I think the powers are good tires but it seems, from what I've seen and heard from fellow riders, when they turn loose, they really let go and you will bust your arse!

Thanks for the good info Bill aka "Sweet William"
biggrin.gif
Thanks Tuf!
biggrin.gif
..."Sweet William"..
laugh.gif

I LOVE IT!
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

and yeah..I heard the same on the mich's....they stick great, glassy smooth ride and handle wonderfully..but those flimsey azz sidewalls load up a ton of stress when pushed hard and when the powers finally do lose their cool?...and breaks loose?...it's lights out..massive energy release...as in...zero warning...zero recovery...and the next thing you're riding is the meat wagon.
sad.gif

Then again?...I only got 300 on my new quali's...and while I've pushed'em far past what I ever pushed the powers to?..I still haven't broke'em loose yet to leave a cool little darky like I used to be able to do with my old powers..and that in itself speaks volumes to me regarding "STICK".
smile.gif

L8R, Bill....uhem..I mean.."Sweet William"
laugh.gif
cool.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

yep, they're great, can't break em loose.

<!--EDIT|Hackabusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150160458 -->

May try them next set, but at the same time I'm blown away by the wear I'm getting on my Maxxis super max tires. I have over 5K mi. on this set, and plenty of tire left! The price was the best of any tires I priced, $170 front and rear delivered.

ok ....what is an "average" price for them...i am getting a bit flat on mine

Okay... After going from Stock tires to borrowing GMbusa's Wheels with the Qualifiers.... I LOVE the Q's!!!! Very sticky.

Dunlop Qualifiers are great tires. They stick well, heat up quick and the wear is the best I have seen. I have gotten 3K on them and still room for another 3K and I ride hard on the street but no track experience. The handling is superb and I throw the bike into a turn with a lot of ease. The bike doesn't feel heavy at all and feel similar to the lighter street bikes (R1, Gixxer 1K, etc).

My friend with an R1 has them and love them. I will not buy another tire for my Busa until a better tire is made.

Back