sparying with an auto shift?

I highly recommend that you DO NOT use an autoshift on Nitrous. If your wheel spins it will shift and then bog when the wheel sticks. If on Nitrous, that would be bad JUJU.

Just my 2 cents.

But, hey, what do I know.

Guy

I have the Pingal electric shifter and ecu flashed (no nitrous) and I get the "pop" from 1st to 2nd shift only. Will be having the the bike tuned soon.

Last edited:
I highly recommend that you DO NOT use an autoshift on Nitrous. If your wheel spins it will shift and then bog when the wheel sticks. If on Nitrous, that would be bad JUJU.

Just my 2 cents.

But, hey, what do I know.

Guy

Could someone please explain how exactly it would be "bad juju" when the wheel sticks and the engine bogs on nitrous?

You get an instant change of RPM, the ECU will change Fuel flow, your A/F wll go Momentarily lean based on ECU map used and you will possibly detonate making motor go bpom. Please try my theory on your motor. Have seen too many with auto shifters do this very scenario. I've only seen this on a bike tuned by ECU or PC. But please, be my guest and experiment. Maybe you will be the lucky one.

You get an instant change of RPM, the ECU will change Fuel flow, your A/F wll go Momentarily lean based on ECU map used and you will possibly detonate making motor go bpom. Please try my theory on your motor. Have seen too many with auto shifters do this very scenario. I've only seen this on a bike tuned by ECU or PC. But please, be my guest and experiment. Maybe you will be the lucky one.

Thank you for the explanation.

so to recap, a quickshifter is ok, but an auto shift on the bottle isn't a good idea. good, just wanted to make sure i got it.

im running mps rpm air shifter with 40 shot of nos with a progressive controller,power commander 3 ,dynojet lcd multiple maps ,full brocks gen3 exhaust,bmc filter,ram air seals,tre,small airbox mod and etc.i havent had any problems at all so go for it.

im running mps rpm air shifter with 40 shot of nos with a progressive controller,power commander 3 ,dynojet lcd multiple maps ,full brocks gen3 exhaust,bmc filter,ram air seals,tre,small airbox mod and etc.i havent had any problems at all so go for it.
Let us know what happens after your 2nd pass....
I'm kidding, but spraying with an autoshifter is asking for trouble. You may get away with it but you are risking your motor. It's really not that difficult to hit the button when the shiftlight comes on, and as far as bracket racing goes there are too many variables to be consistent spraying for it to help you.
P.S. 2fast4u2c
knows a lil somethin about nitrous.....

all my performance mods were done by ghettocycle center. Busas are his specialty and he has ran my bike at the track with no problems what so ever plus i have run it on the streets. You should go to and check out his turbo busa. He's running 7.89 in the quarter mile on street tires with his The bike is completely street driveable. So, if he can take his bike and set it up to drag and still be able to drive on streets then he obviously knows what he is doing .

Back