Spark Plugs Changed

Nice job thanks.
Steve correct me if I'm wrong as its been awhile since I had my airbox off but arent there TWO 3 MM clamp bolts you need to loosen from intakes, one on each side ?

This is a fairly easy thing to do and can save you $$. However, it can turn into a major nightmare. Cross threading a plug, dropping a foreign object into a cylinder, or intake can turn fairly straight forward maintenance into a major headache and repair bill. Take your time and take precautions. Do not get distracted. It is not a race. You don't want to find out later on the road you did not connect something properly or forgot altogether. Check throttle linkage and be sure it returns properly. Make sure nothing was moved and not put back the way it should be. It is not easy to get back inside the Busa while sitting on the side of the road. :whistle:

+1 check all connections twice. Make sure plug that goes onto coil 'snaps' all the way on. I did not get one of mine snapped on all the way once and I put it all back together. Fired it up and right off the bat FI light went on. I had to take it all apart again and it took me awhile to find one coil plug not completely snapped on. Extra hour of wasted time :banghead:

+1 check all connections twice. Make sure plug that goes onto coil 'snaps' all the way on. I did not get one of mine snapped on all the way once and I put it all back together. Fired it up and right off the bat FI light went on. I had to take it all apart again and it took me awhile to find one coil plug not completely snapped on. Extra hour of wasted time :banghead:

+1 :thumbsup: Nothing teaches like experiance. :laugh:

One other point.....

When you put the air box back on, actually check that each snorkel is seated back onto its corresponding throttle body...

Its very easy to think you got it on, when in reality one side is still up...

Dont assume you got them all, check....

After i purchased my bike, while doing random maintenance, i noticed mine were actually not all on.... easy mistake made by my bikes previous owner, but now i always double check it...

Nice write up Steve! I changed mine for the second time last week, first time at 7,500 miles and this time at 16,000. YIKES.............dang iridiums cost $14 a piece here in the Reno area and for the second time around, ALL of the spark plugs looked brand new, not even discolored! What a waste of time and $$$$$!!

I made some changes to this thread and added a couple pictures. It may clear things up. :thumbsup:

Awesome Steve...

and since no one has said it, Admins please PIN

Thanks

Does the same apply to Gen 1.. I think i should change mine with 12,7xx miles on the bike..

I also have the Clymer manual for extra support:thumbsup:

Back