Something non-Hayabusa i've been working on - Harley Davidson MaxxECU

Looking for a guinea pig? Stage3 FLTRXS
Makes 145/162.

IMG_8610.jpeg

Very interested. I have a 18 FLHTK that unfortunately they are unable to tune after the cam swap. How far into this are you? I may look more this direction once my bike gets home.
Why can't they tune it ? With powervision, or thundermax? My understanding was only the 21-23.5 are the more problematic with check engine lights etc when using powervision. I have most of the dash stuff worked out, and will hopefully have his bike on his dyno in the next couple of weeks. once successful plan to build an ecu adapter box etc. For a bike just a cam swap, this is probably way more $ than you would want to spend when you buy a thundermax for a grand.

The bike won’t throw codes, spots and sputters between 2100-3200 then runs like an ape. Powervision tuner. They have swapped every electric component to include the ecu and it will not tune out. Sent many logs and tuns back and forth to dynojet. Ran techno research on it and are stumped. They are a well known tuning shop down here so I don’t question their ability, I personally think the bike is jinxed.

The bike won’t throw codes, spots and sputters between 2100-3200 then runs like an ape. Powervision tuner. They have swapped every electric component to include the ecu and it will not tune out. Sent many logs and tuns back and forth to dynojet. Ran techno research on it and are stumped. They are a well known tuning shop down here so I don’t question their ability, I personally think the bike is jinxed.
Who has your bike? Where are you located?

Ahh, little ways from Michigan, anynissies with current tuning or limitations?
Not one. Well after going Stage2 it had the want to have rpms up before leaving a light. But that’s typical of the S&S 475 cam I’m told. Now that I’m Stage3 I don’t have that at all. Now my first tuner is probably a bit more aggressive on getting all he can out of the tune and the second tuner while gained great numbers is probably a bit on the conservative side. I bet the first tuner could gain a bit but I may lose some longevity if you know what I mean.

Back