Something for those wanting to relocate factory fan switch

smithabusa

Site Sponsor
Registered
This would eliminate the need to chop off the factory connector, extend wires, and hack into the factory harness when moving your factory fan switch from the left side of the radiator over to the right side of the bike coolant hose.

This would be the version where you can manually turn fan on as well (plug and play baby!). Could also make just a simple fan switch extension harness without toggle switch and euro connector.

fanswitch.jpg

Greg- why are you sourcing power from the Euro connector? All you need to do is use the switch to connect the fan relay wires together - this will complete the circuit and turn the fan on, while still allowing the system to function normally when the switch is off . . .:poke:

SWEET. Do you have or can make a harness for the GenII fans that plugs into a GenI harness? I notice that the quick connect is diff between Gens.

Gen2 fans aren't controlled by a manual switch.

Frank didn't think of that originally but end result us the same and euro was inches away. If folks want them ill eliminate euro on any I build thanks. Witchs euro UT still functions normally with switch off by the way

I can get Glenn fan connectors not sure on gen2 haven't even paid attention to them on my new bike lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited:
Yes a manual switch works great no more spills you decide when to fan on I did this years ago a must do:thumbsup:

The button 002.jpg

The button 001.jpg

everyone i know that relocates the fan switch has a turbo on their bike LOL. Or maybe I just like turbo guys better, honestly i figured i would be showing the target crowd, but if there are guys moving their fan switch on n/a bikes that would make sense over there :)

Here is a bump for your great products Greg. Are you making/selling these fan switches? I looked on your website and did not find them.

I have a spare switch on this PMR housing that I am not using.
Left = 2nd stage boost controller
Middle = Water injection system power
Right = not used

1009.jpg

I have a RCC stage 1 kit for my 1st gen Busa. I did the RCC fan temperature relocation to the right side, can you make your manual switch to go from the right side and have the ends of the wires long enough to reach to the left handlebar to my PMR switch to turn on the fan maually?

Received, installed, tested, approved.

Another high quality plug and play boostbysmith product. Thanks again for your products Greg.

Back