Someone says "saw you on your bike"

Robot

Donating Member
Registered
My wife got off work early yesterday, said she saw me near my work on my busa. She obviously knows me, knows what I wear and knows the bike. But it wasnt me, I got stuck at work late. Maybe our mind sees something close and assumes the rest?

Anyone have this happen before?

Something even weirder happened to my husband and I.... We saw ourselves!

I have a blue and silver 05 and he has an 05 LE. I wear a joe rocket suzuki jacket and he wears a black leather coat and we both have flat paint helmets. You obviously can't tell I'm a girl with my hair shoved up in my helmet... but we passed a couple (same bikes, same jackets, similar helmets). We had to resist the urge to run home and see if our bikes were still in the shop.

lol yea that happened once and ended in an argument on why I just whould tell her it was me instead of lying and being all sneaky..."what are you cheating?" lmao
ohthedrama.gif

same here my wife would be like where were you going ?

Jules, thats hella funny !I would have gone back to check my bike too!

Mine is the only black/purple that I have seen in town, and I have a personalized plate - so if she sees it, it better be me on it....

Actually she surprised me this Christmas with a model 'busa.  It's a blue/white, but it's a busa.  I was suprised she recognized it in the store - she is not a biker-type gal.

laugh.gif
That's funny stuff right there! Nobody has my color scheme so if anyone sees mine W/O me on it

IT'S STOLEN
guns.gif
race.gif

I lived that one once... Had a friend of my wife tell her I was in my jeep with some blond driving around town... Not much fun having your wife think your messing around... Thank god about two weeks later here comes that jeep with a guy and a hot blond in it... At a glance you would have thought it was me and my truck.... Boy was I happy my wife was with me and I could show her in person.

I had a cop phone my home when I was 17 about me doing wheelies on my 81 CB 900 down a main road. He gave me a big lecture about public safety, and all that jazz.

Then I told him the bike hasn't been rode for a week... in fact, if he checked my record he would see that I didn't even have a motorcycle license. He asked if it was stolen recently, and I said "No, i'm pretty sure I am looking at it in my driveway right now".

At that point, I could tell by his tone that he realized he made a mistake. And said, "Well... I'm sure you've heard this before, just be sure to ride safe".

No apology or anything. It's the least he could have done for calling my house and freeking out my mom by asking her "This is constable yada yada calling for your son?".

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
AM -->
skoti @ Feb. 06 2008 said:
1286726[/ATTACH] AM]
I had a cop phone my home when I was 17 about me doing wheelies on my 81 CB 900 down a main road. He gave me a big lecture about public safety, and all that jazz.

Then I told him the bike hasn't been rode for a week... in fact, if he checked my record he would see that I didn't even have a motorcycle license. He asked if it was stolen recently, and I said "No, i'm pretty sure I am looking at it in my driveway right now".

At that point, I could tell by his tone that he realized he made a mistake. And said, "Well... I'm sure you've heard this before, just be sure to ride safe".

No apology or anything. It's the least he could have done for calling my house and freeking out my mom by asking her "This is constable yada yada calling for your son?".
Obviously, the Constable "knew" it was you(NOT).I wish I knew who said this but:

It aint so much what a man DOESNT know that hurts him, as much as, what he DOES know, that just aint so.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

When I had the ZRX1200 people were always seeing other bikes like mine and asking if it was me. Even had one guy tell me he seen a whole group of ZRXs and started questioning me about the ride that I wasn't in.
The strange part is, in the whole 3 years I rode the ZRX, I never ran across any of the other ZRX riders that everyone was mistaking me for.

Something even weirder happened to my husband and I.... We saw ourselves!

I have a blue and silver 05 and he has an 05 LE. I wear a joe rocket suzuki jacket and he wears a black leather coat and we both have flat paint helmets. You obviously can't tell I'm a girl with my hair shoved up in my helmet... but we passed a couple (same bikes, same jackets, similar helmets). We had to resist the urge to run home and see if our bikes were still in the shop.
I can ALWAYS tell when it's a girl. Sometimes, it's hard to tell it's a guy, though!
biggrin.gif

My neighbor came to me a few months ago and started to apologize for nearly hitting me on my bike the day before. Coincidentally, I had just had an altercation the day before with another car which I didn't recognize. Of course, a couple questions later, it was clear that they had not nearly hit me but had nearly hit some other biker and thought it was me.

Eerie.

--Wag--

Back