Someone please answer this!

Corso1

Registered
Incredibly stupid question so be kind.

I put the 1" links in the rear, rode it to work ( 6:00 a.m.), and it seemed like my headlight was way to low.
Got out my trusty owners manual and looked, found the high beam adjustment, hard to reach but fare enough.
The owners manual LOOKs like there are two sets of adjustments, but I cannot find the low beam ones.
Did I view this wrong? Is there an adjustment to the low beam? What do you have to take apart to see this critter?
crazy.gif

Thanks in advance. Someone has to have run into this, no?

My 06 has 4 adjustments, up and down and side to side for low and high. The low is at the top of the assembly, high is close to the front fender.

Take off dash panels and gauges and you should be able to get to the low beams adjusters

Thanks gentlemen.

I was afraid that it was there and just way to high to get without taking her apart!

Painful design if you think about it. I guess I will have to be sure to get it right the first time!!

THanks again.

R

Okay, so would someone reitterate on the picture.  What bolts do I adjust and move?  I wanna make sure I do it right as well when I take mine apart here ina a couple weeks when my exhaust and other components arrive.  Show which one is the high and low beam please..  

Oh yeah, I might as well order my HID kit and do that at the same time.

from that view the ones on the right do up and down... it can be done on the bike. Use a socket with an adaptor for the screw driver handle sticking out of it. Or a stubby wrench will also do the trick. Your arms and hand are gonna get scraped to hell though.

Yeah. I experienced the arm scrapes just doing the high beam!!!!

FYI - Turning the adjuster counter clockwise raises the beam. ( This is not specified in the manual. So I got extra scrapes ! )

Thanks again all.

Ryan

just take the panel off that is right above the front fender. 4 of those plastic pop pins and it comes right out. You can adjust the high beam with no worries... now if you have big hands, the low beam will be a problem for you if you go from under the nose cone.

I stole the picture from someone who was selling it here on the board. I figure this question comes up from time to time, so I kept the picture just for these threads....

(Powers739 @ Apr. 22 2007,18:06) I stole the picture from someone who was selling it here on the board. I figure this question comes up from time to time, so I kept the picture just for these threads....
you r the man. this bud is for you.
beerchug.gif

Back