Some people

ditchdr

Registered
I dont know how many of you have heard, but a teen was killed at Six Flags over GA last weekend.. Seems this teenager, was on a church trip to the park when he jumped not one ,but 2 securty fences at the Superman Rollercoaster.. Whaty happens? Well he is killed whne he is hit by the ride.. Very sad I know.. Whats worse is the news keeps saying his head was removed.. Yeah um I dont need to know that..

But what makes me sick is the family has hired a PI to look into what happend...

Seems the family is looking to find money out of this.. Whay is it that no one seems ot take responabily for their actions anymore? The kid jumped 2 yes 2 fences that were put there to keep people out of the danger zone... I have never been to a park where the line for the ride had to jump 2 fences.. I just dont get it.

firedevil.gif
probably just trying to get his bible that fell out of his pocket. Sad

Nature has a way of weeding out the stupid and ignorant people. The people may get their money, but
they can't have their kid back. Darwin wins, they lose. I AM HEARTLESS yes I know.
firedevil.gif

Its hard for me to imagine being in the way of a roller coaster... Its on tracks... Its not like you don't know where its going...

Maybe if my foot got stuck and I couldn't move, like in the movies... But really, how do you get hit by a coaster that you had to jump 2 fences to get too...

The park should sue the family for the bad publicity. Can't believe the family is looking to make a buck...
argue.gif

WOW. I can not believe they are hiring a PI.  How in the heck was it anybodies fault but the kids?  Yea, its sad.  I feel bad for the family, but not the kid. He was what? 17? Old enough to know better.  Im sick of people expecting the government/business to rubber pad everything and make it idiot proof to protect them from their stupid selves.    
rant.gif

Its hard for me to imagine being in the way of a roller coaster...  Its on tracks...  Its not like you don't know where its going...

Maybe if my foot got stuck and I couldn't move, like in the movies...  But really, how do you get hit by a coaster that you had to jump 2 fences to get too...

The park should sue the family for the bad publicity.  Can't believe the family is looking to make a buck...  
argue.gif
it was the batman ride meaning the tracks are in the overhead when you on the ground

Was the kid high on weed? How do you make a decision to scale two fences and even worse, not pay attention to what is going on with the ride. At amusement parks, people are warned to secure items that could fall such as sunglasses, jewelry and hats. The fact that the boy didn't do this is an indication to his intelligence only amplified by his decision to jump the fences to risk retrieval of the hat.

The loss of life is a shame but what's up with the parents or event organizers?

Well, without a head, he certainly won't be needing that hat anymore.

beerchug.gif

Not to thread Jack...but a 3yr old boy was hit by a car in my Apt complex. The guy who hit him was driving a big SUV and didn't know he hit the kid..(I know what your thinking how didn't he know he hit him..) He didn't run the kid over it was more like hit him on the side. Well this happened on a thursday afternoon...the Kid died friday morning.

The driver was on his way to work...thats where the police found him....now ask yourself this....if you knew you just hit a kid and then left the scene of the accident...would you go to work and clock in and start work like nothing happened?.....I know I wouldn't...so I believe that he didn't know he hit the kid........

Ok now to the part where BAD PARENTS come into play.....The father was coming out of the Apt office when mom and kid were driving into complex....mom stops to talk to dad...kid gets excited to see dad....teh kid the LETS himself out of his car seat...then lets HIMSELF out of the car....This kid is 3yrs old....when he gets out of the car is when he gets hit by the driver.....

I feel bad for the family of the kid....I feel bad for the driver of the SUV....But What kind of parents let their 3yr old get himself out of his car seat and out of the car.....this could have all been prevented if the would have had atleast the child lock engaged on the doors of the car.

It was a fatal mistake made by a kid...the only crime would be if his family tries to make millions on this accident...

Such a sad story
sad.gif

The initial reports were that the kid wa going after his hat. He had a friend with him that jumped the fence too. I guess this is where the information came from.

A few days later the story changed. Now it is being said that the two jumped the fences in order to get back to the line sooner, and to possibly get a better place in line.

Either way, the park is not at fault. There is no way possible they could be. The fences are restricted areas. They are there because the area is off limits to the parks visitors.

Let's think for a moment; what will a PI find out?
He can say that no guards were posted on duty to guard a dangerous area.
Well, there were two (count em. 1. 2.) fences blocking the area off in order to keep accidents such as this from happening.

He can say that there was no form of deterrent on top of the fencing.
OK, if this had happened the family would be able to sue for the child's medical bills after he ripped his body apart by razor wire. He could have been severely burned by a electric fence.

He could say that the fences need to be taller.
The boys climbed over two 6 ft fences. If the fences had been 8 or even 10ft tall the kids could have still climbed them. Determination is a strong thing.

One more: It could be said that a concrete wall, water filled ditch, or other form of non climbable baracade should have been used.
Guess what; that is possible. However, no one forced the boys over the fences. No one from the park made these boys move into harm's way. It is not possible for the park to prevent people from themselves in every instance, no matter the amount of precaution taken.

I'm sorry that someone lost a child.

For every action there is an opposite and equal reaction. This goes for decisions you make in life as well. Sometimes the reaction is positive, and sometimes it's negative, but there will always be a reation for the decisions you make in life.

All teens do dumb stuff. I should be dead from a stupid idea I had of making a bomb out of a bottle rocket, glass Mountain Dew bottle, and black gun pwdr. IT WORKED. Let's just say the trail of gun pwdr they use in the movies does NOT go slow and a 2' trail is NOT enough time to get away
face7.gif

Unfortunalty his stupid decision did cost him his life. Very sad.

All teens do dumb stuff. I should be dead from a stupid idea I had of making a bomb out of a bottle rocket, glass Mountain Dew bottle, and black gun pwdr. IT WORKED. Let's just say the trail of gun pwdr they use in the movies does NOT go slow and a 2' trail is NOT enough time to get away
face7.gif

Unfortunalty his stupid decision did cost him his life. Very sad.
Yeah, I should be dead too.
sadnews.gif

I'm just glad that God spared me. I was an idiot for most of my life. Once I got maried my wife took over. I'm still an idiot, but now I have a restraint
whistling.gif

Was the kid high on weed? How do you make a decision to scale two fences and even worse, not pay attention to what is going on with the ride. At amusement parks, people are warned to secure items that could fall such as sunglasses, jewelry and hats. The fact that the boy didn't do this is an indication to his intelligence only amplified by his decision to jump the fences to risk retrieval of the hat.

The loss of life is a shame but what's up with the parents or event organizers?
Not just that, all parks has signs saying if you lost your belongings just ask ride attendant.

once again, thanks to LAWYERS, someone will profit from this tradegy and stupid will be paid off again. probably the Lawyers will make the most profit.

Back