Sold My Hayabusa After 10 Great Years

Runner44

Registered
Never had so much fun spending money on a bike. Pashnit is to blame for a lot of the mods!!!! Have plenty of parts to get rid of when appropriate boxes for shipping are found.
The bike has been great. Never left me stranded, always put a grin on my face when taking it out or just looking at it in the garage. It did kill a deer one time and almost me with the deer!
My Busa now resides in Richton Park IL.
Need a touring bike now. My wife did not ride with me anymore and everybody knows "happy wife, happy life". Not blaming selling the Hayabusa on the wife. I want to ride longer distances and be super comfy. Have decided on a BMW K1600GTL as the next bike (subject to change daily!). Hope to have one in the garage within the next year. Anyone on this forum that has a 1600, would love to hear your thoughts.
Will continue visit the forum on a daily basis as I really enjoy reading all the questions and answers. Some pictures before leaving home to meet up with the buyer. Yes, I know there is some wood to split and stack! Will be around the forum, Rich

004.jpg

001.jpg

006.jpg

You should consider the R1200 RT...nimble, comfy, and sporty to boot. The 1600 is in a different league so don't put them in the same box....

How dare you post a picture with a 4 letter word in them. If I see any more SNOW this year I will get sick. Still can't get my bike out. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Now seriously that is (was for you) one GOOD looking Busa. :thumbsup:

Mine is an 04 too but I'm not ready to see it on someone else's trailer yet.

I know you didn't ask.....but
If you want a comfy ride you should check out a GOLDWING as there are very few bikes that can compete with it on so many levels.
The 1800cc pull like a freight train and can carry a lot of stuff - you wanted to make the wife happy, right? She won't complain about a GW.

So if you haven't made up your mind 100% - what can a test ride hurt.
I'm not the only member with a Busa & a GW.

Good luck in whatever you choose, and hopefully you'll be back on two wheels shortly. :thumbsup:

I think I would buy the multistrada over the 1600, it is heavy and overpriced IMHO. HAve you ever tried a dual sport? Go drive the multi with skyhook and get back to me...

BB

Sorry to hear Runner.. We never got to ride together. :down:

Good luck and keep us posted on the new adventure!

Awww, that looks like my baby, but I haven't spent quite as much as you did :p

Good luck getting the next toy and don't go far! We love to hear about other motorcycles here, and members keep showing up to meet and greets on every kind of bike known to man, so you know you're always welcome!!!

:)

Good looking bike and GLWS. I have a 1600GT and love it. Semi and I did a 22 state tour last year and my wife and I were very comfortable on the big beemer. These are just a few pictures. The 1600GT is by far the best touring bike I have ever been on and I can thank my buddy Dan for putting us on to one. Let me know if you have any questions, there are few minor things about the beemers you need to know up front that vary between model years just like other bikes. I dont think you will be dissapointed if you get one.

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0246.jpg

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0451.jpg

IMG_20130805_104012_526.jpg

IMG_20130730_122638_641.jpg

Back