Soap on drive chain

ZeePopo

Registered
So it was time to clean and lube the chain, I usually use the toxic degreaser style that every company sells then put some gear oil on it. But this time I decided to try something different. I work a lot with tractors and hydraulic fluid, grease, and every other type of fluid machines put out. Soap does not work for these fluids, always have a ton left behind on the skin. Recently I bought some Dawn to help clean the Ms greased up oven since she very sensitive to chemicals. After my usual hydraulic fluid covered hands fiasco I decided to try some dawn, oh boy was I surprised. It took the hydraulic fluid right off along with all the lithium grease and engine oil I had on. So hell if it's good enough to take hydraulic fluid off ya and leave ya baby smooth it's gotta be enough to clean my Busas chain. It worked marvelously. I say better than the cleaner I was using. Little toothbrush with some heavily soapy water and a rag and that chain was spotless. I'm on well water to don't want many toxic chemicals floating around the land so this will be my go to non toxic chain cleaning routine from now on . Soap, brush soap, brush, turn on engine and spin the tire while on stands to give that nice spin dry effect. Lube up and done. Quite happy. And safe enough for baby ducks lol

Back