so whats streetbike+whats not?

NIGHTFLIGHT

Banned
Well our new streetbike class already getting some negative feedback.
THey need post the rules +stop making them as they go.
Now they say no bars must be street tire no rev limiters?Not shure about that
And there saying dont need plates but must be a streetable bike or able get plates.Hmmm thats tricky buddy of mine wants run this bike in street but I dont know not really street legal.Im not entering the class unless I can come up with or borrow a streetbike.So im staying out of the meley.You gotta admit can be a fine line what IS A STREETBIKE+WHAT ISNT.

This a streetbike if he replaces slick with a street tire?I say no but he is demanding they let him in.HE dont want run pro et with me+the boys.
I do think were going have over 20 bikes in streetbike if they can decide what a streetbike is??Any input is apreciated

Streetbike to me is a bike that can be ridden in traffic stop and go. The plate thing is kinda fuzzy. But to make it simple make it a requirement or not. Either be able to pass for dot legal or not.
Posted via Mobile Device

Starter?

i always thought street bikes needed to start on thier own.

but, i do not know the specific rules of your class.

just something i noticed.

PS : very nice bike indeed

Here this is one the sponsers 4 the class exact quote resonable?????

If you can go to the license branch and LEGALLY license the bike (headlight, tail light, etc.), then I don't see a problem with it. The key is, it has to be street legal, not necessarily streetable

I dunno regs but unless they define an argument is most likely to ensue.

They should itemize min req. Such as

Muffler
Starter
Blinkers f+r
Dot tire
Plate mount
Etc....

If someone loses and there is no def and they have more street equip who's right and wrong. Seems to gray to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Here this is one the sponsers 4 the class exact quote resonable?????

If you can go to the license branch and LEGALLY license the bike (headlight, tail light, etc.), then I don't see a problem with it. The key is, it has to be street legal, not necessarily streetable

if it is that vague, then your buddy might have legit shot....problem is w/o something written, then you will have an argument.

if the other 19 guys on extended streetbikes complain, your buddy might not get to run, and the rules do not specify that he should be able to.

Starter?

i always thought street bikes needed to start on thier own.

but, i do not know the specific rules of your class.

just something i noticed.

PS : very nice bike indeed

TO BE HONEST WITH YOU IM NOT SHURE THEY DO ETHER THEY JUST STARTED THIS. Thanks 4 the input I MAY MENTION SOME THIS 2 THEM.Im not racing the class but im willing help if i can mabe promote it some my friends shops.The track is the place 2 race a streetbike i have heard 2 many horror storys on street racing.

What about N.O.S. IN STREETBIKE?

My bike has slick+ADJUSTABLE REV LIMITER+CROSSOVER DELAY BOX BUT I DO HAVE PLATES+INSURANCE ON IT.
THE DELAY BOX IS DEFINETLY NOT ALLOWED IN STREETBIKE

Last edited:
They need to post what the rules are, and let people get in where they fit in. Too much gray area by saying street legal. For example a bike with a sidewinder may have a license plate, but it's not gonna pass a noise pollution test. Is it street legal?
In the series I run in, the rules are simple and fair, to keep the class competitive.
Cut and paste from the website:
RULES FOR ALL BIKES:

* Headlight and taillight required
* Street tires (no slicks)
* No wheelie bars
* NO cruise required, but you may ride it if you want

800cc and under Street bike class

* Stock swingarm required, with no extensions
* no power adders allowed
* No air/electric shifter allowed
* Hand clutch only

801cc and up Street bike class

* 60" max length, axle to axle
* no power adders allowed (Bottles must be removed)
* air/electric shifters allowed

Outlaw Street bike class

* Any CC allowed
* Air/electric shifter allowed
* Any power adder/adders allowed
* Intercooled Turbos and water/methanol/alcohol injection ok
* 64" Max length axle to axle
* Lock-up clutches allowed ( no sliders)

Outlaw cruiser

* Class open to all V-twin bikes, regardless of make or CC
* Cruiser chassis only (NO TLR's, RC51's, or other v-twin sportbikes)
* Hand clutches (No lockups or sliders)

They need to post what the rules are, and let people get in where they fit in. Too much gray area by saying street legal. For example a bike with a sidewinder may have a license plate, but it's not gonna pass a noise pollution test. Is it street legal

thats what im trying tell them.Since im not racing the class that I know of yet guess will shutup.Another thing they were doing last year would float with me handpicking who they race.Thats bull escpecialy with by runs.Class I TAKE CARE OF RANDOM DRAW.I have this little plastic bottle with numberd dice in it.You run in order you draw one is red thats by run.Lane choice coin flip unless you both agree.

Dont race but my definition of a 'street bike' would be something that can go at least a mile stop turn around and come back.

The bike itself above doesnt look too strange as you see bikes with stretched swingarms out there riding all the time.

Dont know if bike above would pass my simple regs ?

To me, Billy, that is not a street bike. It has a raked (if not aftermarket)frame, huge tire, external starter, blah, blah, blah..... But if he can fit the rules. The easiest thing would be to make it plated bikes with insurance.

That would get rid of the NON street bikes.

Can you post their rules??

To me, Billy, that is not a street bike. It has a raked (if not aftermarket)frame, huge tire, external starter, blah, blah, blah..... But if he can fit the rules. The easiest thing would be to make it plated bikes with insurance.

That would get rid of the NON street bikes.

Can you post their rules??
Plated and insurance would work, except you know as well as I do that there are some places you could get anything plated, and unless it's a custom built frame any bike with a vin # can get insured.
The rules you guys have put in place for KOS work well, and keep the class competetive. Those of us that race it play by the rules (for the most part) because it's fun that way.

I would like to know what website you got this from? THIS is exactly what i have been looking for!
Thanks
ps Actually if you could PM it to me that would be perfect. i often forget what questions i asked and where!!!
They need to post what the rules are, and let people get in where they fit in. Too much gray area by saying street legal. For example a bike with a sidewinder may have a license plate, but it's not gonna pass a noise pollution test. Is it street legal?
In the series I run in, the rules are simple and fair, to keep the class competitive.
Cut and paste from the website:
RULES FOR ALL BIKES:

* Headlight and taillight required
* Street tires (no slicks)
* No wheelie bars
* NO cruise required, but you may ride it if you want

800cc and under Street bike class

* Stock swingarm required, with no extensions
* no power adders allowed
* No air/electric shifter allowed
* Hand clutch only

801cc and up Street bike class

* 60" max length, axle to axle
* no power adders allowed (Bottles must be removed)
* air/electric shifters allowed

Outlaw Street bike class

* Any CC allowed
* Any power adder/adders allowed
* Intercooled Turbos and water/methanol/alcohol injection ok
* 64" Max length axle to axle
* Lock-up clutches allowed ( no sliders)

Outlaw cruiser

* Class open to all V-twin bikes, regardless of make or CC
* Cruiser chassis only (NO TLR's, RC51's, or other v-twin sportbikes)
* Hand clutches (No lockups or sliders)

I think the rules are clear all though the rules leave alot open to interpretation. The only thing that bugs me is when rules get changes mid season. Take all of the additional rules and amendments/clarifications and use them for next year. Why punish the racer for the organizations lack of details.

I think the rules are clear all though the rules leave alot open to interpretation. The only thing that bugs me is when rules get changes mid season. Take all of the additional rules and amendments/clarifications and use them for next year. Why punish the racer for the organizations lack of details.

if the rules are clear.....they do not leave any room for interpretation.

"street legal" could be interpreted as able to be register the bike with the State DOT. Another interpretation could be that it must use pump gas, have operating blinkers mounted at least 2" from the body of the bike, working front and rear suspension, etc. Neither interpretation is wrong based on the current rule. Yes, the rule could use some additional clarification. Hopefully in the next iteration they would include the additional rules of weather pump gas is needed and if blinkers have to be fully functional.

You could go nuts and ask the question "in what state is it street legal?" I believe incertain foreighn states they have even less restrictions as fas as what may be ridden on the streets.

If you ever look at the FIA rules it's insane trying to keep up on everything. Even then with everything spelled out there's still always some wiggle room/grey area. It's like reading the Hazmat rules & regs.

Until there's a change in the rules "street legal" is the rule.

To me it's a cut and dry definition....
A streetbike is a typical bike you would ride on the street - not a drag slick, obvious chop/cut frame bike like you've pictured. No one in their right mind would consider that thing a "streetbike". It's a race or drag bike period. Why does everyone in racing want to bend the rules so that they have an advantage over other riders putting something into a race class that doesn't belong. If he's a bracket racer that's one thing....then it really doesn't matter since he's racing the clock and not another rider (essentially). If he's a heads-up run the tree kinda guy then he should be in a class that fits the bike. Even equipped with lights and a plate that's not a streetbike from my standpoint. You can take a bike, add nitrous, turbo, stretched frame and it's still a streetbike - heck, half of the org members have done that it seems and still use their bikes as daily drivers. But when you start using M/T drag slicks, fabricating frames, needing external devices to start your bike you've left the "streetbike" arena and entered a full race/drag class.

The rules above were written by ME. For the motorcycle classes at I 57 Dragstrip in Benton, Illinois.

At the point I organized the rules, we had NO motorcycle classes at all. These races are run in conjunction with our heads-up car racing series.

This will be the third year that we have run these rules, with minor tweaking. Could someone conceivably step in and absolutely dominate the class? Yes, maybe. But the kind of money that is paid out does not appeal to that kind of person. They were designed to be open, fair, and to promote close races.

To put it into perspective: The last race we had, the outlaw streetbike class had approximately 8-12 bikes entered. THe fastest bike went 5.70's in the eighth mile. THe slowest went 6.40's. The bike that won went 6-teens. If you took away the fastest and the slowest bikes, they were all within TWO TENTHS of each other.

Do I care if they are street legal? NO. DO they have to fit the rules?? Maybe... What that means: We had a guy show with no headlight and a small headlight. Legally, he could not run, but he spoke to all the other racers and they allowed him to run, knowing that if he beat them, they had no recourse.

It is not rocket science:rulez:

Back