So my sons 1st grade reading aide has a speech impediment.

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
:wtf:

I understand folks with disabilities need to and deserve to work but c'mon a lil common sense?
She can't even speak a complete sentence or pronounce words properly and she's his 1st grade reading aide? I could not be more upset. :(

Yes it is. Even my son at 6 said 'how's she gonna help me?'
She has had like throat cancer or something and her voice is very rough and almost not understandable.

I've got grandma on the case so I think she will drive them crazy
No justice no peace :laugh:

Yeah Blanca, we had a travel agent with a speech impediment......you cant imagine my disappointment when I got all the way to our resort in Florida and it didnt really have a titty pool. :laugh:

The phlebotomist who gave my daughter her first round of shots after birth was extremely cross-eyed. I had a nervous giggle, but everything turned out ok. Thee Thpot Wun, Blanca. It'll be ok.

Ya see, it starts with giving ribbons for last place and letting every child make the team. Pretty soon, the word "No" just disappears and a 400lb'er is teaching gym class.

Sad! I can see how this may raise some flags with you. Also I understand the other side of equal opprutunity of employment.
I personally would speak with the board of education if I had a child and were in your situation..

Its kind of like hiring a waiter / waitress with no personality skills or just isnt a people person.

Sad! I can see how this may raise some flags with you. Also I understand the other side of equal opprutunity of employment.
I personally would speak with the board of education if I had a child and were in your situation..

Its kind of like hiring a waiter / waitress with no personality skills or just isnt a people person.

No, it would be like hiring a waiter with no arms. Sure he's disabled and deserves right to work but without arms he could not carry the tray he's supposed to.
This lady is old, has a quivering lip, a shaking arm, and cannot speak well. How the heck is she going to ennuciate words properly enough for kids to learn the right way? I had to ask her to repeat herself a couple times. Let her be in study hall, pe or something else where her disability does not relate specifically to the task she's asked to perform.

No, it would be like hiring a waiter with no arms. Sure he's disabled and deserves right to work but without arms he could not carry the tray he's supposed to.
This lady is old, has a quivering lip, a shaking arm, and cannot speak well. How the heck is she going to ennuciate words properly enough for kids to learn the right way? I had to ask her to repeat herself a couple times. Let her be in study hall, pe or something else where her disability does not relate specifically to the task she's asked to perform.
ur asking way too much in today's politically correct world we live in. schools are afraid of the ACLU and ADA knocking on their door. they would rather ur child have a subpar education then pay out $$$$ in lawsuits for so-called discrimination.

we have patrolmen promoted to the rank of sergeant who have 5th grade level reading and writing skills and cannot even pronounce words correctly when addressing line-up when reading officers names, suspect info, transfer orders, discipline, etc.... and im not exagerating....:whistle:

Well you know sumthin Brett now it's personal because it's my son :guns:
I'm not gonna just sit by and let his education suffer so they be PC.

maybe blanca she held that job before she developed throat cancer and went through hell beating the disease...now she is cleared to return to work as "disability" sure dont pay the bills..... are you saying we the taxpayer should "relax" the disability rules so folks like her dont re enter the work force because their "value" is not up to par as a "normal" person?...mabey you suggest we the taxpayers should fund her education in a new job that pays just as well???.... how would you feel if you had a motorcycle accident and you wanted to go back to work but you had speech problems and couldn't "sell" as well and folks were offended you may have to pause ....studder....repeat yourself...and you couldnt make the income you were "accustomed" to because you made the "clients" uncomfortable?? dont get me wrong.. she is a "reading" assistant...should be able to understand her...but she is not a "speech" assistant .... and...im sure she is human with feelings and your about to take the possibly last bit of self esteem this person may have after such heart breaking recovery from cancer.... just looking at it from a different view my friend.... because i could not imagine being in her shoes.

i agree your son is in his prime developmental stage at learning how to properly read and speak and putting someone in the mix with a speech problem is going to hamper that and develop speech problems

Funniest thread ever!

People need to do what they are fit for. I'm not stripper cause I'm not hot and I'm okay with that (not really, I cry about it daily, but that's not the point) the point is, use your strengths and do what your able and qualified for.

:bowdown:

She is assisting him in reading, he will have to learn how to do that on his own anyways. She there to assist him when learning, and your kid may help her develop some of her skills back.. I see it as a win win for your kid and her.. God Bless Her.. God forbid your ever have any sense taken from you and want help from someone..

maybe blanca she held that job before she developed throat cancer and went through hell beating the disease...now she is cleared to return to work as "disability" sure dont pay the bills..... are you saying we the taxpayer should "relax" the disability rules so folks like her dont re enter the work force because their "value" is not up to par as a "normal" person?...mabey you suggest we the taxpayers should fund her education in a new job that pays just as well???.... how would you feel if you had a motorcycle accident and you wanted to go back to work but you had speech problems and couldn't "sell" as well and folks were offended you may have to pause ....studder....repeat yourself...and you couldnt make the income you were "accustomed" to because you made the "clients" uncomfortable?? dont get me wrong.. she is a "reading" assistant...should be able to understand her...but she is not a "speech" assistant .... and...im sure she is human with feelings and your about to take the possibly last bit of self esteem this person may have after such heart breaking recovery from cancer.... just looking at it from a different view my friend.... because i could not imagine being in her shoes.

Chris and Golden I agree with you and do not wish her any less than I want. It just seemed strange that a person with a speech problem is a reading asst. but anyway. The crisis turned out to not actually be a crisis.
A simple call yesterday from the principal told me that she is an asst but only listens to the kids as they recite stories to her. She's not a reading asst. on top of that he came home two days in a row and said he likes both his new teachers. Nana went nuclear and I got caught in the storm. Anyone with kids and nanas know all about this.

Threat level 0
Carry on...

Aren't our elected officials just wonderful.

Let's not consider the children, let's make sure every disadvantage person has a place in public service.

For a number of years every time I called Labor and Industries I got a woman who sounded oriental whom I could not understand for the life of me. Why in sam hell would you put someone who has issues with the english language at a receptionist position. WTF over!

Back