So I'm getting a liter bike...

Cobra Steve

Registered
Just kiddin' Train.

I've decided to make the leap to a new gixxer 1000.  I've been getting more and more into the twisties and feel like I've done about all I feel comfortable doing on a busa.  I know I can modify the busa to work better, but my size fits the 1K so well and the new 07s coming out soon, I just can't force myself to buy another busa.  Can't wait to see how the 1K does against a busa from a roll
smile.gif
 If all goes well, I'll keep the 1K and buy a new style busa first of next year.

Hopefully I'll have some pics in the next couple of weeks.

<!--EDIT|Cobra Steve
Reason for Edit: None given...|1137474806 -->

Good luck with the new Busa...1K is a nice scoot...no going wrong there...

Welcome to the world of fun! I have a new gixxer to go with my busa. Actually I have two gixxers. One I crashed in September and it's just about ready to roll again. I bought a new 06 the same week I crashed my 05. Nothing wrong with the 05 except plastic.

From my perspective, the gixxer 1K is the most fun one can possibly buy for less than $10K. It does everything the busa will do under 150 mph and with much more agression. It's the best wheelie bike I have ever owned. Actually my 04 was better for wheelies but the 06 is no slouch. The 04 had a shorter swingarm and balanced easier. Once you convert from your busa to a gixxer, you'll be totally impressed with the quality of handling. Just look at a corner and it dives in head first. Ride the gixxer for a month and then get back on a busa and it will feel like an overweight dinosour, so slow you can eat your lunch while turning it in. Not to mention the gixxer won't wear you out like the busa does after wrestling the corners all day on the track. The gixxer is such a delight on the track you can't help but leave at the end of the day with a smile that takes a week to get rid of
biggrin.gif

Nothing wrong with having a toy...as long as you stay true to your roots... looking for a 02 1k for abut the same reason!!!

Bentvalve did the same thing and he loves his 05 1k! Nice bike and better for twisties!

The 1000 will devistate a busa till about 150 0r so.atleast thats what is happening here.The dang thing is awesome!
smile.gif

I love that stable Cecil! I, too, will be going with a K6 by this summer. I first 2 track days in March and April will be on the Busa so I can't wait to get on a Liter and then compare the two.

I gotta figure out what color I want. I've narrowed it down to the red & black or the charcoal & silver. I can get the red & black in the next week or so. I'll have to wait till sometime in February to get the charcoal & silver unless I want to pay another $400 just to get one now from another dealer.

nice looking ride... you didnt waste any time getting the reflectors and mud flap off...
wink.gif

I hate you..........I wish I could have two bikes sittin side by side.

1)the wife wont let me

2)the shop wont let me

Anyone want to donate theres to me?

I have been looking at the 1000 as well, but I want some freaking comfort for longer rides and the occassional two up w/ the wife. I do love it, but I believe the Busa has best all-around honors.

Have fun at the track on that baby. It's real nice.

Back