So i finally hit up the dyno....

nfbzike

Registered
So i finally hit the dyno last saturday. I got a couple quick questions. The bike put down 171 horse and 100 ft lbs of tourqe, but at 165 mph on the dyno the bikes power dropped off ridiculously. This bike is pretty well modded. Is it possible this would be fixed by a tre? Which im not even sure if i have or not. Let me know.

165 mph?
rock.gif
? you dyno by RPMs not MPH
SHOCKED.gif

You can show RPMS or MPH on your print out but, I am assuming your bike was run to red line. I would also bet your bike was run in 4th. gear which would limit your top speed to the gearing in the fourth gear window. If you wanted to see max MPH he would have had to run the bike in 6th. to red line. Post your chart. Its easier to see what you are talking about. Like Johnny said, tuning is done via RPM range and throttle position.....with load and other factors...

(Johnnycheese @ Jul. 04 2007,14:09) I know that but what shop would show MPH???
A lame one
guns.gif
Some LSR (Land Speed Racers) and the guys that do the circut dyno racing want both numbers on their printouts. Its just paper and 2 more seconds so I give them both if they ask. Mapping is not rocket science when you have the right equipment, it boils down to how anal you are and how much further you are willing to go for the absolute tune for the customer. It is funny how the MMI training vs. what happens back at the shop vary..........the good guys are anal about everything.
beerchug.gif

Back
Top Bottom