So Fl people answer me a few questions

ditchdr

Registered
So yesterday I flew into Orlando, left the airport vis taxi, and headed over to the U-Haul place. While in my yellow pimp ride I did not look around much as I was to buy trying to get my air card to work in the computer and getting the maps ready for my little day trip. Once i boared my while and orange pimp ride I go to pull out onto a split 4 lane road and head off to my first stop, when some 30 something female turns from the otherside of the road, drives across both lanes and damn near hits me as im pulling out, and even had the nerve to blow the horn and flip me off as she cuts me off to turn into where i was coming out of. I guess the peoson on the phone with her had told this quen of the highway not to worry, and E350 wont cause any harm to her matchbox size car if she just did what ever she wanted.

So I as I travel on my journey I find that in FL a red light is only a mild suggestion as to there might br trafic in the other direction wanting to cross the road, if its ok with them. So I make it to my first stop and piced up a 05 Honda Shadow. Get it loaded and secured (after having to buy 4 overpriced straps from the guy I got the bike from) I head off to my next stop. The journey there was just as even more exciting. With the unanounced lane chages, cars with no one driving them, I mean really every once in a while a haed would pop up but then it would go away for a few min. Maybe they were looking for something, or maybe they were driving a car with one of them auto pilots and the basement option. What ever it was I saw it more then once. Let us not forget about the blue hairs taking over the road. Speed limit signs are mearley an extra roadside distraction they choose not to look at. I once felt like getting out of my orange and white highway missle walking up to them while on the road and pointing out where the gas pedal is. Add to that the people who drive with 2 feet, one on the gas and one on the break causing the break lights to always be on. Maybe they are stopping, maybe not. Who knows its all part of the game.

So after making my 3rd stop ( second one being at a wal mart to buy straps) I get the 2nd bike loaded and secured and leave Dayton on my way to Deltona, a place I had not heard of before the trip. That leg of the trip was semi uneventfull save for a few idiots on sport bikes coming past me like I was tired to a stump.

3rd bike is loaded and I go to leave when the guy informs me he needs 300 more cause his wife said he sold it to cheap. I of course tell him very nicely to go suck it. But this guy is dead serious and said he will call the cops. Long story short I sit in the truck windows up doors locked waiting on the cops. An hour later one shows up, he gives his side I give mine, 5 min later I am on my way with out paying a penny more then I already had, you know the agreed price.

I am now on my way back to SC, home bound, away from the blue hairs, the idiots who raise the prices after you buy an item and have the title and signed reciept, and have it loaded and secured in a box van folks. I stop a at Krystals to enjoy some over priced micro burgers since we no longer have them here. Oh did you know they now make over priced micro chicken sandwiches? But I felt the sting of an over pricved slab of cat meat was all I could take on this day. While sitting there I watched out the window while soaking up some fre wifi as traffic went about its normal daily routine. I saw countless red light runners, many folks going left with the best i can see are closed eyes cause they were cutting folks off as the went, oh and the guy in the old K5 blazer who used the side walk and part of a flower bed as a extended turning lane. I thought to my self, how long would I live if I lived here. I would either A: have a damn stroke from all the road rage, B: have been run over on the bike by some idiot, or C: would have shot up the DMV for giving these folks a license.

SO now that I hevy told you my story let me ask of you a few questions

A: Where for the love of all that is holy did folks down there learn to drive?

B: Are traffic lights ignored all over FL?

C: DO you really ride motorcycles there? I was scared enough hauling 3 of them in a E350 box van much less riding one.

D: Insurance, how much is your insurance?

E: Really you ride bikes with these idiots?

F: By bike i mean a motorcycle, not rolling your windows down and straping on a lid.

G: Cant you keep the blue hairs on golf carts and in their own seinor living community?

I give all my FL rider buddies props, for dealing with it, but yalls nuts.

wow...that sounds like a really messed up trip....hey...lol.. look for cheap trans for my kid would ya...hes gonna need it lol

This made me laugh so much. I lived in FL for two years and this was a great telling of the day to day driving. Man that place is scary. Good to see you made it out unscathed.

What's with all the bikes btw?

This made me laugh so much. I lived in FL for two years and this was a great telling of the day to day driving. Man that place is scary. Good to see you made it out unscathed.

What's with all the bikes btw?

I am opeing my owne sales, and servie shop soon. Buying up invitory right now. I have a meet with the rep for Drag ( they sell parts unlimited, drag, and some other company all rolle into one) as well as getting dealer info on LED lights for Boogey lights and Hel lines and cables ( will be cool cause i can make my own brake lines in house) as well as a few other small places loking for vendors. I am hoping by Jan or Feb to have it up and running. For the time being I have leased a 2000SF shop to work out of when i am not in school, and to store stuff. One of the problems I am having now, not really a problem tho, is I can not keep bikes. I bought a 2003 HD heritage soft tail for 3300 on Thursday and sold if Friday night at bike night. I have ot be careful tho cause i am awating my paper work to ocme back on my dealers license. Oh and I sold my landscape company to fund this lol.

Chris, give me a price range yall are look for on a car for him, and does it have to have A/C?

Wow I could not stop lol.

1: As I ride most of time, I see what your talking about. Lot of People should just not be on the road lol.

2: lights.. What are those? Just joking but, the bad thing is being on a cell or texting is ok here in FL. The law has not passed yet to get them off it as they drive. Out come, they running lights cose they don't see or to busy on the phone.

3: Yes we do ride here, the weather is to great not to. Only gets bad during winter season when everyone comes down to get warm. But after snow birds head north it calms down.

4: 150 every 6 months or so. As long as I don't get a ticket lol.

5: yes we ride with them. Came close to droping the bike some times but all my doing, following to close, or taking my eyes off the car in front of me.. But seems FL. Is a great spot for the older people to come down and stay so I seen them auto cars with no one driving them sometimes lol kinda scary,

6: you dont have to use a brain bucket in FL. If you dont want to. But they say you better have health insurance lol to have that option. But cops never in force it.

7: they just passed a low in FL that no golf carts can be on the streets anymore or side walks. They have to keep them in thief community.

But that's every day life here. We just have to keep an open eye for everything. :)

Welcome to Florida now go home :)

Nobody in Florida learned to drive here because nobody is from here!
Most likely they are some weirdo from South Carolina :laugh:

It is dangerous here. I fend off blue hairs and four footers daily :)

Welcome to Florida now go home :)

Nobody in Florida learned to drive here because nobody is from here!
Most likely they are some weirdo from South Carolina :laugh:

It is dangerous here. I fend off blue hairs and four footers daily :)

Were not weird in SC, were "unique".

I live in Charleston SC so I know what ya mean about the snow birds. Our biggest problem here with them is they have money, only spend 2 or 3 months here in their milion dollar winter homes, but every year they try to have new laws passed. Like when the Blue Angels did a show over the harbor, man they got so mad, beacuse it was disturbing them ( hey here is an idea lets do away with our service members and then you can cry to the bad guys about being disturbed), now the biggest thing is we finaly have a cruise ship port here. All the blue hairs are crying about how traffic and crime rates will go up. Um hello its not the 1930's any more, people dont take their cars on cruise ships, much less do convicts enjoy a week traveling the Bahamas. Oh and let us forget about the millions unon millions in tourist dollars it brings in so the elected officals can afford to take yout petty ass cries thought the bill proces. Sorry kind of a rant there. But some people just piss me off.

Now I have been to Daytona on a bike a few times. Went from Jacksonville to there on A1A most fo the time, however there were about 60 to 90 bikes in our pack so it was a little safer. However i have found since after having a kid I pay more attention to things like that. Oh and there is NO way I would ride with
out a lid in FL. Heck I was gonna stop by a cyclegear and pick one up just for driving in the boxvan lol

1) As you can see for yourself the majority of the population has not learned to drive. They removed parallel parking from the driving test because people couldn't pass it. They don't know the rules of the road either. Here you learn never to go on a green light because most likely someone is going to blast through the red light and kill you. They will treat motorcycles worse than your van since a motorcycle won't do much damage to their car and if they kill you it's just a ticket a minor traffic offense.

2) yes

3) yes we ride, I try to ride where the least amount of cars will be. you have to ride expecting them to turn in front off you and keep the bike pointed towards and escape route and in gear.

4)Insurance :rofl: You want some laughs tell your insurance you are moving down here and you need a quote:poke: As bad as the drivers are there is so much fraud going on here I am surprised any insurance company would want to do business here.

ps No one uses turn signals here because if you do you won't be able to change lanes. Opening in the next lane over you put your turn signal and you see the front end of the car come up in the mirror as he mashes the gas to the floor to keep you from getting in front of him.

When I went to Tennesse on vacation I was in vehicular shock at the way I was treated up there.

i.e. 2 or 3 of the bikes pulled out of the Dennys as we left, the rest of us stopped as a car was coming down the road. She stopped and waved the rest of us to pull out, I was reluctant at first I figured it was setup she waves us to pull out then hits the gas to run us down so she can get her car repainted for free. Thats the way they do it down here, if you are to close they slam on the brakes so they can get money

Ya brother its nuts here! Havta have ur balla strapped on tite to ride here! Theres alwayz a rider accident on the news! I jus put my safety gear on an pay attention, have had sum close calls! Theres lots of people here from differant places Specially from differant countries those are the worst!

You know you are talking about Florida.
The state where people get their faces eaten and we shoot everyone that we feel threatened by!

Are you really surprised that some FL drivers do not really care how they drive and are narcissistic.
I personally expect it so I am no longer surprises me; that is how I deal with driving in FL.

For me I just drive offensively and very fast. When I drive the busa I ride like everyone is trying to kill me, because they are! :laugh:

You were aware Ford has a special "Florida only" model of the Crown Victoria, didn't you? It's the one with the left turn signal that flashes anytime the transmission is in "Drive".

Let see... First off you can't call Orlando South Fl (SoFlo is the 305 Miami/Dade 954 Broward and the 561 WPB)

A. Over half the people down here speak everything except English so those stupid DMV rules aren't necessary.

B. Traffic lights like road signs are only suggestions, not rules. It is completely acceptable to go from the right turn lane across 4 lanes and make a left with your right blinker still on.

C. You learn really quick that if your not going faster then the flow of traffic you will probably become a hood ornament or a smear on the pavement.

D. Insurance what is that??? half the cars you see will drive on "Temp Tags" for years and the other half have no or revoked licenses (which in my accident back in 05 the guy that hit me had his license revoked back in 98 and was still driving)

E. Just think of it as a real life game of frogger.

F. I love seeing mopeds out on the main highways like I95 or 595.

G. Winter when South Florida becomes the fifth Providence of Canada.

It can get very bad here on the SW Gulf coast also, more so during our peak season. Age, meds, lack of GAS, oblivion...are all contributing factors. I can only imagine the always busy Orlando area. :banghead:

keep your eyes open, stay on your toes! Florida was groovy!
:thumbs: like drag racing down the highway with all my grandpa's war buddies, them in armored vehicles and me on a rocket powered bicycle. :laugh:

When the light goes green here COUNT ONE TWO THREE slowly then look and proceed if safe.
If you go on green and dont look yes you will get flattened by a red light runner or yellow light gunner!

Back