Sneaking up on 200hp at the rear wheel.

OB_Kirk

Registered
I just installed Muzzy ti w/ round ti can, removed PAIR, removed counterbalancer, performed full airbox mod (including using the bottom of the gas tank as airbox lid to unshroud stacks. Also sealed off water drain, crankcase vent fitting, and PAIR intake fitting so that I can actually pressurize the air box). PCII should be here any day. I am at about 500' altitude and am going to start with 007HARV. It will go on the Dynojet 200 at NW Cycle to baseline. I'm at 8000 miles, so it should be broken in. This winter I will do Web Cam 536/577 cams and throttle body lipectomy. Any other (educated) suggestions as to practical, cost effective ways to reach 200hp at the rear wheel? Don't say turbo, nitrous, or WD-40. I've already heard those. I'm thinking of trying short stacks when the cams go in.

By the way- I am impressed with the Muzzy ti header. The fit is amazing, it weighs next to nothing, it is mandrel bent and is a large-tube stepped header design.

And it's already turning that really cool deep blue. How many top speed runs or dyno pulls does it take to turn it blue out to the muffler?

Thanks DaveO. I would really like see what a lightend and balance crank would do on a busa. I guess I should ask APE, but they ofcourse will say, "it's great". Someone who really did it would be the best testimony!

DaveO, all I said was gains.

Get the crank work done and you'll see gains, it's that simple.

[This message has been edited by frank adams (edited 02 August 2000).]

Go to Lee Shierts. Save yourself headaches worrying how to beat the next guy. Just drop the bike off with a few dead presidents and you'll be the envy of your town.

more horsepower? Howabout 12:1 CR pistons ala pooh - good BHP gain if you can get decent enough fuel over there.

(needs Super Unleaded in the UK)

I am not an expert, but think about, less rotating mass, quicker revving, balanced crank means no need for counter balancer. I red it here on the board in the last week it was worth 10-20 HP. I havn't actually done it, but if I was to do motor work, that would the first thing, along with rods, pistons and head work.

Its a great thing to do especially on a race bike but on the dyno it may not show any gains at all.

Oh it will show gains!

As soon as Jay(APE) decides to send Me one of those cranks?????

I can get some exact numbers to show everyone just how well spent your $189 would be...

Frank,

I haven't seen measurable gains in the motors I have built. It helps rev faster on a roadrace/dragbike.

It can also make the bike harder to launch(less rotating inertia), causing it to bog easier. Not as much of a problem with the torque a Busa has though.

Rocket...Don't believe everything you read, here or anywhere. I could be full of XXit, you have NO way of knowing....

Dave

[This message has been edited by DaveO (edited 02 August 2000).]

Enjoy it todd, my buddy just yanked his yosh for one he had to have it.
Takes a couple weeks to get totally purple and blue.
The sound is soul stirring.

Back