Hayabusa Owners Group

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smartphone or Dumbphone?

Smartphone or Dumbphone??

• Total voters

aka Danksy

Registered
So I am a BlackBerry user, have been for about, 7 years now. I've gone through many models and am pretty fluent in blackberry as they say.

Whats the preference on the forum?

I am considering buying the myself and the mrs. iphones in the fall, but I do have a good deal from Verizon right now, I think my bill would go up $50 total

Anyway, let the opinions begin...

(BTW I rock the BlackBerry Tour 9630)

I have the Tour as well. I was ready to go with the iPhone as soon as Verizon has it available, but now I'm thinking that Android is the way to go based on the flexibility of the platform. iPhone has rigid rules about what can be installed on their phones, whereas Android phones are completely versatile.

I have the HTC Eris. It works great, with the ablity to turn off the 3G network when you don't want to have it suck your battery. Also the WIFI works great on my home network. Also there are lots of apps for the Android platform. Also diffrent companies are making Android plaforms so the app count will eclips the I-phone. If you are computer savy you can write your own app for a need you have.

Also you are not stuck with one service provider (ATT/Cingular or what ever they are this week). You can keep that great plan you have with verizon being you already have the data plan for your black berry.

I may be a bit old fashioned, but I would like a phone that does nothing but calling, buit be as small as possible. The best I could find was the Samsung Juke from Verizon before crossing the ocean.

I have heard good things about the droid, not sure though, I have an ipod touch so the feel of an iphone to me is preferable, and now with half a billion apps it doesn't really matter as far as app-availibity Droid vs. Iphone in my opinion.

IPod, Blackberry what Dat :duh: , guess I'am just not that important :laugh:

For me the phone just needs to: Ringgggggggg, Yes - No , Good BY :whistle: Dat's all I need Folks :thumbsup:

I use the BB the only complaint I have about the Iphone is that it is un insurable here in my town. I am also unwilling to leave Verizon to go to cingular.

I prefer the i phone over the BB but coverage an insurance will always keep me away

Last edited:
currently have the curve. about to go to the palm pre when my contract is up.

I've had Palm phones for going on 7 years now. My current is an ol Treo 650 that I've had since the end of '06. It's been deployed to Afghanistan and been throughly abused, but it keeps on working. Prior to the 650 I had a Treo 600. Because I've had such good luck with Palm, I was kind of waiting for the Palm Pre to come to AT&T, but the Droid has gotten my attention now.

I love Blackberry - been using 'em for years. Work shoved an iPhone in my hands in Jan. I'll admit - it took me a while to get used to it; I still don't like typing on a NON keyboard, but I'm getting a lot better.

Expect an announcement on the iPhone 4G on Monday or Tuesday... There are rumors that it could also be coming to VZW...

I'm running the iPhone OS 4.0 beta - pretty slick...it'll just get better when Apple starts allowing the vendors to submit apps for the 4.0 OS...

I like my iPhone. I used to have a Nextel, but I realized that a soup can and string would work better and have better coverage than that Nextel!:laugh: When all else fails I transmit on 27.185 Mhz???

Android here! I've had blackberries, iPhones, palm and windows mobile! Nothing compares to user friendly and the ability to completely personalize your phone your way! I WILL NEVER OWN ANYTHING EXCEPT FOR ANDROID! On yeah the HTC Evo is were it's at.:beerchug:

iPhone here, jailbroken of course. I hate AT&T. Let me rephrase that. I HATE AT&T. But I hate Sprint worse. AT&T drops my calls everyday regardless of 3G or edge. But man, I love the phone so I stick with it. Used blackberrys for years then went to Motorola Q and loved it, then to the iPhone and promptly to the iPhone 3GS.

Since I jailbroke it I've been able to do everything I need with it including wifi tethering for multiple laptops; and yes, it still syncs with iTunes and the app store just fine.

I hate this BB curve. I'm not too good with gadgets. I want my motorola razor. It was simple and had a good camera
Posted via Mobile Device

You needed to allow for multiple answers. I carry multiple phones. iPhone is the smart one. I like it. I love AT&T (they pay for my salary :thumbsup: ).

BB Bold myself. Waited and really wanted one and when I made the leap I was impressed. Also w/AT&T (Cingular) since 2000.

Top Bottom