Skeleton Top Tripple Clamp

V8N3T

More mods plz..
Donating Member
Registered
Hey all, I was just wondering if this top tripple clamp would mess with the Height or anything? Picture attached. Thanks yall! Also, who can get this for a very good price?!

skeletonclamp.jpg

is that from feebay?

I have a similar one but it is solid.

I don't get your question on the height.

Are you buying that to lower the bike?

(heavybusa @ Dec. 15 2006,21:02) is that from feebay?

I have a similar one but it is solid.

I don't get your question on the height.

Are you buying that to lower the bike?
im not wanting to lower the bike. If anything I want to improve "turn in, better turning" with the front end. But I was just wondering if that tripple clamp did anything to the handlebar position. And if any of our fine board sponsors can get that same tripple clamp? Thanks again!
super.gif

So if you install that clamp at the same height as stock it wont change the handle bar position.

Are you trying to do something like this?

DSC02984.jpg

PM StreetNTrack, GoldenChild, or GPW they will show you some love.
beerchug.gif

Actually those clamps, like any, will place the bars a hair further forward/outisde. Since there has to be room for the fork tubes to slide thru, the bars are moved slightly forward. If you want better turn-in, when you install the clamp, drop the front end down a little bit. I dropped mine a lot, but turn-in didnt get any better after the first 1", the rest was for looks, comfort. Raising the rear as well.

At full lock handlebars to left or right depending on how you have your brake and clutch resevoir adjusted they will CONTACT your gauges.

I thought the whole point in using one of those was to lower the front end? If you're not changing height, what purpose does it serve?

kk, well thanks for clarifying for me everyone. Not gonna waste the little bit of money I have if its not what im looking for.
beerchug.gif

(lot boy @ Dec. 16 2006,12:28) not to hijack but is there any break issues with that part? is it strong enuff?
There a few skeleton models out. I have heard the Yani Shiki and / or NYC Parts ones are prone to cracking. I stuck with regular billet from Spencer Cycles.

I have one from NYC Parts and it is mediocre at best.

You get what you pay for.

Hasn't broken but doesn't feel sturdy.

(V8N3T @ Dec. 16 2006,12:41) kk, well thanks for clarifying for me everyone. Not gonna waste the little bit of money I have if its not what im looking for.  
beerchug.gif
yeah..same with the chain guard!

wink.gif

(CAT3 @ Dec. 16 2006,15:36)
(lot boy @ Dec. 16 2006,12:28) not to hijack but is there any break issues with that part? is it strong enuff?
There a few skeleton models out.  I have heard the Yani Shiki and / or NYC Parts ones are prone to cracking. I stuck with regular billet from Spencer Cycles.
+1

I heard some bad things about the Yani Shiki when I was buying.  I went with a Spencer unit!

gps1.jpg

I have a black yani shike brand new in the package for $125 shipped, I paid $170 shipped... I never used one but it sure does look nice,,

(turb06LE240 @ Dec. 17 2006,13:54) I have a black yani shike brand new in the package for $125 shipped, I paid $170 shipped... I never used one but it sure does look nice,,
got any pictures of it?

I can get some its kind of pain, but Ill take some tonight sometime, looks just like the chrome but black
I got 1 for christmass from mywife and already went and bought one on my on but I dont want her to know, so Im kind of screwed with it I have to sl before she sees, so cant list it on ebay,
I could make like my sister bought it for me but one little white lie will turn into a whole web of deciet..
crazy.gif

So I will discretly sell it to someone I know or on here,.... That is ust a little neaky, nothing like getting my famly involv3ed in the whole web, as you can tell I reallydid some thinking about this...

Back