Site slow for you too?

mjrfd99

Registered
I know alot of changes have been made but my computer on this site is way slower to respond- Im a fast reader and it's a bit frustrating waiting for things to load.
All my other frequented sites are still running quick but not this one - Any ideas?

I know alot of changes have been made but my computer on this site is way slower to respond- Im a fast reader and it's a bit frustrating waiting for things to load.
All my other frequented sites are still running quick but not this one - Any ideas?

+1

My computer is as slow as the second coming of Christ on this site as well although it's lightening quick everywhere else. At first I thought it was a glitch in my computer, now I'm wondering. If anyone has any ideas how to improve my computer's response time, please share!

Another little glitch in my computer is, if I want to back up a page I have to wait until the current page has finished loading before it loads the previous page. Usually when I back up a page it's loaded before I can move my finger from the mouse clicker but here it seems it has to reload from scratch. Is this normal?

I am definately not a computer whiz, any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Can try on IE, deleting "Browsing History". Go to internet options > Delete > check the boxes there > hit delete button > Restart IE. Other browsers have same thing, just different path for same effects. Firefox is Ctrl+Shift+Del to bring up the clear history window. Restart Firefox. Sometimes an old Cookie can be a conflicting issue. Make sure any add-ons you have are up to date. Like adobe flash player, Java, etc... Update to newest browser(non beta version) you use always is a plus. No guarantee,but is good to clean it out once in while.

Maybe your PC needs a "Track day" to better perform? :laugh:

Good Luck.

Try google chrome guys, IE sucks and I have issues with all internet sites with it. No issues with chrome.

Fire fox works great as well.
The work PC has ie and I click a link then go do something else while the page loads.

tapatalk - on my HTC ERIS rooted with cyanogen mod 7

Here is something else that we can do... I can remote your computers and work with you both to see what we can find to help speed things up... Lets see if we can find a time to do that...

Here is something else that we can do... I can remote your computers and work with you both to see what we can find to help speed things up... Lets see if we can find a time to do that...

I'd love that Cap. Just let me know when you have time and I'll Make Time!

Mine is a little slower than before, but not real bad. Strange however, right after the `change` I noticed no difference in speed but now it`s def. a little slower.
Sorry to hijack, but does everyone see the same advertisements? I was looking at parts for my Corvete, then later when I logged in here there was ad from where I was shopping...very clever..hehe...except my daughter must have been shoping for Dance Supplies recently:)

The site is just as fast as ever, but it seems slower on the Droid. Not sure if that's my imagination or it just has a harder time loading the software. Maybe the tapatalk ap would help.

So lets try this....

Tufbusa, mjrfd99 do me a favor and download google chrome and hit the site... If you don't mind testing this for me we can identify if this is the website, your internet connection, your browser, your PC or a combination of several of these... If you can test this with me we can track it down...

1. Download google chrome then come to the site and let me know what your experience is.
2. Run a speedtest from your favorite tool....

cap

get a Mac ull nvr go back. ive had it a yr and yet to have one single issue. and my internet connection is lightening fast with it on all sites I visit. my windows gave me nothing but trouble

Okay, here's the only issue I've had with Chrome and the oRg. Hopefully this makes sense...

The ad at the top right of the main forum page will stay printed on the screen as I scroll down the page, covering up whatever rolls into that area. In this case it was the Sport Chrome ad, but it could be whichever ad shows up when the page loads.

If I use the scroll bar or the arrow keys to move down the page, a white box (non-clickable) stays printed on the screen in the original location of the ad.

OrgScreen.jpg

If I use the Page Down or Page Up keys, the actual image of the ad (still non-clickable) stays printed in place while the rest of the page moves behind it.

OrgScreen-2.jpg

OrgScreen-2.jpg

OrgScreen.jpg

well this one is pretty easy to address. Sportchrome uses a flash banner and chrome doesnt like flash.....

well this one is pretty easy to address. Sportchrome uses a flash banner and chrome doesnt like flash.....

Is there anything I can do about it other than quit using Chrome for the org?

Ran ad blocker and it helped speed enough for me to come back here.
Yes I was so frustrated with the slowness I left for many months.

Back