single stage lock up clutch

NICKxNOBLE

Registered
How do you launch with a single stage lock up clutch? Set the r's and dump the clutch, wot and slide the clutch, wot and dump the clutch, set the r's dump the clutch and then roll into the throttle? Thank you ahead of time for your answers / input

I want to be able to drive a few miles to the race, prep the road, heat the tire, and dump the clutch. I want to take the human error out of it. My theory (if the clutch is adjustable then you should be able to set the r's and dump the clutch once you get it adjusted). Im also thinking that im going to switch from a small shot of gas to a low boost turbo real soon.

I think you are looking for a hand slider. That lets you street ride (limited throttle) with no clutch adjustment, then execute your fixed rpm/throw the clutch lanuch method. My only experience with a single stage lockup was that it was like a "stock" hand clutch setup as far as launching.

Lol you wanna dump it you better ditch the single stage lockup. They do however make a "bleeder" valve thingy that goes inline and is adjustable therefore letting you "dump" the clutch by the handle but not getting the "dump" effect on the clutch itself.

Never heard of this inline adjustable clutch fluid release valve. What is it called? Who makes it? Does it work? Is it consistant? Sounds like a great idea.

mps makes it warning its kinda big I mounted mine were overflow bottle was.
im just releasing button that activates delay timer that triggers it im using it with crossover delay timer 4 bracket racing.
I know there's weights on lockup if its bogging reduce or remove weights.

Yes that's 1 I have there 1.50--1.53 stock gen 1 busa with 300lb rider.
I removed overflow bottle for coolant +mounted it there got longer line 4 overflow bottle relocated it gong into smaller botte ziptied 2 stock swingarm. I leave on top yellow off button then delay box triggers it when 2 release. I have several track championships with this set up.I also have adjustable rpm limiter or launch box.

2dtzqth.jpg

so if you took the delay box out of the picture then you pull up to the line pull in the clutch lever, push and hold the button, release the clutch lever, set your rpms, release the button, and then wot, and the mps hydraulic clutch release slides the clutch to give you a consistant 1.50 60'. Am I understanding this correctly?

That's the intent of the system. It's really just a line lock with a bleed valve. Keep in mind you'll have to adjust the bleed valve to get your best 60'. You won't have the adjustability of the hand slider so you probably won't get as good of a 60'

yes, I personally think u can take your thumb off a button faster than hand of lever so might improve reaction times as well.

This sounds like a winner to me. Gearjammer are you still running a stock clutch? Do you have heavier springs? What did you use for your overflow tank? Do you have any pics? I know you said it was large is it heavy as well?

This sounds like a winner to me. Gearjammer are you still running a stock clutch? Do you have heavier springs? What did you use for your overflow tank?
Do you have any pics? I know you said it was large is it heavy as well?

had @ 7,800 rpm but went to 7000rpm overflow just a cheap little plastic bottle ziptied to arm I can get pic later, im just running stock clutch

I went to 67" this year and just went 1.31 60' with no clutch adjustment (added gear) with my hand slider. My goal is to get reliably into the 1.2's on stock motor. I think you'll have a hard time doing that with just the bleeder setup, but I may be wrong.

What hand slider do you have? Is it hard to make adjustments and get dialed in? 1.31 is something to be proud of. If you left like that on me i would probably burn up trying to catch you. Nooo he's getting away.....hit the button.......rev limiter

If you do a bit of looking around, The flow control valve can be bought from industrial supply places such as Granger or MSC. Called a mirometer valve. The electic solnoid is sold at both or from moroso as a line lock. I put mine together for just under $45.

Back