Shutting down Fast!!

chupafango

Registered
Hi, i have a 00' with full yosh tri-oval, no PC. I had a problem with overheating. When i would ride it would be fine, but at a stop it began to get too hot. I changed the thermostat, airfilter, and replaced a small coolant hose. Now the bike runs cool so i think it was the thermostat but now while im riding it shuts off. Ive tried to kick start it while rolling but its wont do nothing. It wont start until it sits for a few mins, and i can get rolling for a few minutes, then its does it again. i can turn the bike on and it will run forever, but when i ride it this stuff happens. Please respond any help would be great.

Thanks,
AL
PS: Where can i buy a program to check the bike with my
laptop.

When is it shutting down.. under acceleration or while idiling, when you stop.

I'd check the switch at the kickstand. It might be engaging while you ride and cutting the bike off....

Just a guess

Nah its not the stand....it just shuts off like it runs out of gas...before it shuts off it starts bucking forward a little then nothing can start it back up....uuughhh!!

Arent the 99-00 known for a fuel pump problem from the factory?
rock.gif

Not sure if there is one.....but before the themostat change i was able to ride it aside from getting overheated....i really would like to do this my self and not get ripped off by taking it to a shop....

you should check your fuel lines... Sounds like you may have a kink or something...

If it was running fine before you screwed with it, it probably is something that got touched when you were doing the work on it... If it runs fine at idle and fails under acceleration, I am thinking a kinked line would give you these types of symptoms... You would have enough to let her idle, but when fuel needs to be added, it would choke...

I dont' recall many people having issues with the 99-00 fuel pump from my experience, but that doesn't mean the fuel pump couldn't be doing it... If it was the fuel pump, I am thinking it would NOT pump period, therefore not starting...

What does it idle at... Beleive it or not, a low idle does cause riding issues and the bike may bolt forward a bit between shifts if the idle is too low... Should idle around 1250
CLoud

<!--EDIT|Cloud9
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124471956 -->

It's just like writing code in a program you are working on. Think "What was the last thing I did before the problem occurred." You might have kinked a line or pulled a wire partially loose, or moved something so that it pushes on a hose, etc. Look around the area you were working.

<!--EDIT|FAVahalik
Reason for Edit: None given...|1124485620 -->

well some success.....i rechecked the hoses from the fuel tank and repositioned them......i took it out for a small spin and it hasnt shut off yet....im still a little concerned about taking a big ride but for now i think that might have done it....i bought the bike used and thats all i have done maintanence wise to it....any recommendations what other things i might wanna replace or get done....

thanks fellas
AL

I just got done replacing all the fuel filters on a bike that was doing the same thing and the owner is having good luck for now. It used to go just fine for long distances and then just shut off without any notice. I replaced all the fuel filters and they all had alot of sediment from somewhere in them. I don't know where it cam from but it had one of the filters 70% clogged up so I would suggest replacing the fuel filters.

i had intermittent shut down when asking for high fuel demand ok if slowly twisted the wrap control. suzuki bultin 29 i think blocked fuel filters so after the second time and looking at 100 notes i hoped to ripped that missed matched enginened filter system out you have to leave body of the filter in around pump, to hold it iri place when and brought hi flow injection filter aftermartek one for a fiver fuel lines are know for getting trap / twisted you might found that they are also going hard with age. there some good pipework on that ecg unit as some nice bends to use a cheap mod without drilling and tapping the ports to fill them in or them expensive blanking plates is to cut the tubes close to the flange on the cylinder head bend over the tube and flatten stick a bit of gum gum up the hole and you have saved yourself about 45 dollars and lost about 2kgs in weight fold over pipe at airbox as stick some tape around it to hold it closed
cool.gif

Back