Shorty pipes (question)

Polizzi02

Registered
I see some people that have the shorty pipes run them with out Baffles. Does that hurt the motor???????? Tell me what you guys think:beerchug:

I've got the voodoo shorties on my 08, planning to turbo but didn't feel like spending a ton of cash on an exhaust until I have the $$ for my project. I haven't noticed any problems. The stock ECU should keep the A/F ratio right on, though I recommend doing the PAIR block off. I would suggest putting some more heat shielding on the inside of the faring piece that comes below the stock exhaust midpipe on the right side of the bike, you'll feel a lot of heat coming out of those pipes. Just my two cents.

yeah my mpg dropped a lil but not drastic. I talked with Thrasherfox bout it for a bit before I did it & he talked me through it. He's had his like that for years i'm pretty sure without a problem
Posted via Mobile Device

Got um ... Love um ... U...Gotta get umm!!!!!

02102009557.jpg

i LOVE mine but i just switched to a single side setup with a titanium yosh its gonna be sweet here is a pic of the old set up i bought mine off ebay for like $70 they are for sale of you want them $45 shipped no baffles by the way nice and loud how they should be

32208 006.jpg

Last edited:
I have Boz Brothers B2 Exhaust 4-2-1 it has removable inners, no problems with the motor or performance, i ran 1 season with no pcs and just the pair system removed, then the second season I got pc3 and had it tuned, noticeable difference...lost 1-2mpg but thats to be expected when the bike is moving more fuel and breathing better, by the way these are really throaty sounding ..like the jake brake on a semi when you slow down in gear

wm_normal_100_0339.jpg

B2-flyer.jpg

Last edited:
Back