Shop light upgrade..

Well, instead of one (1) four (4) bulb I could go one (1) six (6) bulb for a few bucks more.

I really think one (1) is enough. Love the sensor option also for $50.00.

Great site..thanks! Just have to decide on which one. Will order today.
thumb_up.gif

r8

I am thinking I might get a second 4 bulb unit myself...

hard to explain but working under these lights just is not the same as regular florescent lighting... I suppose if you get one you will see what I mean.. maybe you can explain it
laugh.gif

Well, instead of one (1) four (4) bulb I could go one (1) six (6) bulb for a few bucks more.

I really think one (1) is enough. Love the sensor option also for $50.00.

Great site..thanks! Just have to decide on which one. Will order today.
thumb_up.gif

r8
thumb_up.gif

Definitely a great site !!! I will be ordering 2 sets for the garage and stagger them as Mr Bogus suggested...
beerchug.gif
I think that will work good as I work on my bike right in the middle of the garage and that will provide light from both sides instead of from the top down..
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

oh my....

I just read through the site a bit more...

you know they use these same lights to treat ADD and ADHD no WONDER I feel better
rofl.gif

(you can strike the previous post 2 up..)

John, if you go with the single 6 and decide you want 2 four bulb fixtures instead... I will buy the 6 bulb from you..

Just noticed a little side bar.

"Order now and bulbs are free".

So, I assume the price did not include the bulbs. Need to verfiy this.

r8

oh my....

I just read through the site a bit more...

you know they use these same lights to treat ADD and ADHD no WONDER I feel better
rofl.gif

(you can strike the previous post 2 up..)

John, if you go with the single 6 and decide you want 2 four bulb fixtures instead... I will buy the 6 bulb from you..
SHOCKED.gif
rofl.gif

Does it help with stubbornness as well
rock.gif
I could use a good treatment for that at times !!!
laugh.gif

rofl.gif

John, I think that is just a hype more than anything... I got bulbs with both fixtures included

Here is the deal.

Just got off the phone with Debbie. A six (6) bulb will not work in a garage with a ten (10) foot ceiling. "To spotty" she said. So, it's a four (4) bulb unit. She told me that you can figure about six (6) foot area per fixture.

Randy, are you're pictures about that?

Now, the bulbs are free at this time. They cost $12.00 each so this is a $48.00 savings. Pay's some of the shipping.

I can not go two (2) fixtures. Not cost effective as this would be $414.86.

I can do the Lowes thing for around $150.00.

One of these or Lowes.
dunno.gif

r8

I have a single 6 bulb fixture... It works very well, BUT I think 2 four bulb units would work better myself.. I think if I had a higher ceiling, the unit I have now would work better..

two 6 bulb fixtures I think might even be overkill... I can get you a better idea of light dispersion tonight after it gets dark.. (I doubt Debbie has ever set one up herself, you know how office help is:) )

I checked my receipt... the bulbs were free 2.5 years ago when I bought my fixtures..
smile.gif

I have a single 6 bulb fixture...  It works very well, BUT I think  2 four bulb units would work better myself..  I think if I had a higher ceiling, the unit I have now would work better..  
This is what she told me. With a ten foot ceiling the four bulb is the way to go.

r8

tell you what... get the 4 bulb unit to try... if you like it, you will likely be happy as is or want a second one... IF you decide it does not work for you... I will take it off your hands to supplement my current unit (remember I want 2 of them anyway) and I will hold off ordering until you have a chance to try it out.. (i am in no big rush anyway, been up for 2 years now)

tell you what... get the 4 bulb unit to try... if you like it, you will likely be happy as is or want a second one... IF you decide it does not work for you... I will take it off your hands to supplement my current unit (remember I want 2 of them anyway) and I will hold off ordering until you have a chance to try it out.. (i am in no big rush anyway, been up for 2 years now)
Don't think it will be enough Randy.

Back to square one now.
sadnews.gif

r8

Finally wrapped up this project. Jumped out of bed at 0100 hrs and had it done by 0600 hrs. Yeah, early but done. 75 degrees in the garage so the time was now.

I hung these by myself which was no easy task. Climbing up and down a ladder didn't help matters. Can't tell you how many things I dropped and it sounded like a group of Sailors in a bar if you could of heard me. :laugh:

Needless to say a visit to the Chiropractor is in order today.

Two (2) eight foot fixtures with T-12 fluorescents. Each bulb is 110 watts thus 220 watts per fixture times two (2).

I deleted the Alabama backwoods mess I had up there thus no before pictures but here is the completed project.

Off to Starbucks! :cheerleader:

r8

002-7.jpg

004-4.jpg

003-3.jpg

Back