Shift light

1/4 Mile Junkie

Registered
Hi guys, how's it going? First off I would like to say that you guys have a wonderful site. Keep up the good work. Here goes my question. Does anyone have a shift light from Harlan? I bought one hooked it up and it only works at half the rpm eg. I set it for 5000 rpm it goes off at 2500rpm 7000 it goes at 3500 you get the picture. I have an 03 Silver and Grey. Maybe I tapped into the wrong tach wire. I have the cylinders set at coil per plug. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I just set it up and it works perfect. Thanks again Blue streak. How come you don't set it for coil per plug or ar least 4 cyl? I know it has something to do with the electrical pulses from the tach wire

I just set it up and it works perfect. Thanks again Blue streak. How come you don't set it for coil per plug or ar least 4 cyl? I know it has something to do with the electrical pulses from the tach wire
No problem glad I could help.
smile.gif

I have no idea why you have to set it up for 2 cylinders. My guess would be the tach signal wire only recieves signals from 2 of the coils.

Makes sense to me but then I'm no electronics expert as you can tell. Thanks again. Can't wait to try it out this weekend with the nos. I got it so I wouldn't have to have my eyes glued to the tach. I also have an rpm box to shift it automatically, wich I also know how to set now:)

I haven't mounted mine yet C_Henry. I wanted to get it working first before I mounted it. I'll let you know. It's only one inch in dia. shouldn't be too difficult

Back