Shift delay

bigone5500

Registered
So while riding sometimes I shift gears usually above 3rd and there is a delay before power is reapplied. I'd guess about 1/2 to 3/4 of a second. What could this be? Maybe I'm operating the quick shifter too slow? I don't know.

There are alot of complaints about the Gen3's quickshifter working poorly, and a few threads and many posts on it here.
An ecu flash fixes some, but not others, for no particular known reason yet.
The only 100% fix so far has been swapping out the stock quickshifter to a Woolrich Quickshifter.

When the QS delay happens, it's such a floppy, disappointing feeling in the butt dyno, especially when the TC also decides to participate in the party-pooping.

It kills most of the power before the delay happens. Then the full power kicks in and it's so unsettling...but also exciting!:D I don't doubt my Gen 3 has the wonkiest electronics out of this whole forum. I am sure I got a Friday bike.

The other day I hit it in Mode A from a 10 MPH roll expecting to be catapulted with ferocity like it always does. No. TC left the chat. It did an unadulterated rolling burnout from 1st to 3rd. I liked how it felt, so I didn't stop, but it's still wrong.:crazy:

Last edited:
I called and talked to Chris at Moore Mafia. He said when I get my ECU flashed it will fix the shift delay. After the flash I will have to run the bike in mode B quick shift.

I called and talked to Chris at Moore Mafia. He said when I get my ECU flashed it will fix the shift delay. After the flash I will have to run the bike in mode B quick shift.
Unless he has recently found something new in the flash it won't, mine behaves the same in both QS modes after the MM flash. Literally my first ride after the flash, in the video it did it from 1st->2nd. Also, in my case, I had to reset the shift light after the flash, easy to do. I hate all the different colors (Suzuki made that way to complicated) I set the sub's at 250 (lowest setting) and I set the main at 500 above when I want to shift so when the first light comes on (whatever stupid color it is) I shift and ignore the rest.

And that's bs...flash and dyno my bike to full power in A mode...but the QS won't work right...so just use B mode!

I'm not sure if @bigone5500 was referencing the power mode or the QS mode. Either way it is BS and should just work by design in any power mode or QS mode.

I'm not sure either, but have read this refferenced before, and it was B mode for power then.
As much as MM uses Woolrich, I would think they would push their QS now, as it seems to be the only real fix, sad as that is, since Suzuki has really went downhill(regardless that the Woolrich QS is better anyway).

Back