Sexless marriage?

Big Bo

Registered
On another board a guy talking about his wife and he. They have a sexless marriage. Not because he wants it like that, but she has her issues. I went through that. She was cheating, I divorced her.

What about you? Could you, would you live in a sexless marriage? If your spouse has medical issues that interfear or prevents I totally understand.

Are we talk'in mental hang ups? or physical problems? To each his own, but I'm think'in if it's mental issues as a couple it would have to be overcome (will to give it considerable time not forever) and I believe almost any pysical issues could be overcome to allow for some sexual activity. I've seen a tv shows where a paralized women had sex with her husband.

I believe I would stay and work it out the best I could with my wife. I pretty sure she wouldn't throw me to the curb if I had erectile problems atleast I hope she wouldn't!

I have met couples that believed sex was for reproduction only not for pleasure.

A good friend told me this once and its sooo true.

In a good relationship you think about sex 10% of the time and its usually more romantic or adventerous in nature. In a bad relationship you think about sex 90% of the time and its usually because you aren't getting any.

From what I hear talking to other married guys, the "norm" hovers somewhere closer to 40-60%. Cant say that I get it as much as I want but I also get the "sure go ahead" when I tell her I'm going to outsource that part of her role in the marriage :whistle: :laugh: And I'm pretty sure "sure go ahead" is the same as "whatever" and other responses your wife gives you that basically means "umm yeah, you just keep dreaming that" :laugh:

Can't say that I'd stay faithful in a sexless marriage, in fact I am 100000% sure I wouldn't but I dont know that I'd divorce her if that meant loosing 100% access to my kids. Lots of people stay married in horrible relationships for lots of reasons, all too often because "its cheaper to keep her than get rid of her" :banghead:

Yikes, sounds defeating.
Meh. You learn to cope, or work it out by means of a dangerous activity.:banghead:

I recommend not getting married, ever. I don't give a flip how good it is, overdriven she is or promises "Not to change." Bottom line is men marry hoping she won't change, but they do. Women marry hoping he will change, but we never do.

I'm sure someone here has a wonderful married story to tell. My experience first hand and by observing others is that it simply isn't worth it.

Sex is like "Air" - It's not important unless you are't getting any! :smileyexhibit:

If a woman is not giving up the goods 99% of the time it's because she doesn't like you! :dunno:

The other 1% is because she's not sure if she likes you. ???

Once they give you that "I love you BUT,,,,I'm not IN love with you" :nono: it's all over but the slow walkin and the sad singin! :heart-break:

Only health issues would stop me but she would have to be willing to do other things or else it would be over. I like t to much and have had to much of it to quit now:laugh:

I have heard that women get paraliyzed waste down after marriage.
I dont know I work in a shop and most of the married guys are not getting it
when they want it.

Ahhh the single life..... NO BS and women use it as bait!
I have never been married and now at almost 39 I cant say I lack
in the department.
I just cant see myself eating the same bowl of cereal every day till death.
That would be like riding the same motorcycle all your life maybe it works for you
but I need variety.

Back