Sewer snake

GEARJAMMER

Banned
I have clogged sewer line thankfully not backing up in house its coming out @ cleanout access in my back yard.
I suspect a tree root guy @ home depot told me don't try force it just let it run when hits its like 90ft out the snake comes with 100ft.
Anybody used 1? Any tips man I cant afford get my yard dug up I think pipe runs into woods in my back yard they would have knock down trees ect cost me fortune+deers live in there.I can rent the thing $57 4 hours its heavy going load in on my trailer but scared take my truck+trailer in back yard its down hill + been raining all summer hate get stuck. Any tips appreciated

been there done this....i suggest a good plumber before you really make a mess like i did once. Not saying you dont have skills but, you are talking about a main line if its outside. If you got roots getting in the way a snake isnt going to get the job done. Plumbers have a little tougher equipment and can scope it (put a camera) down the line to see whats going on.

its power snake it has like a cutter head they said it can cut roots
I don't have skills my buddy said have garden hose close cause I might get doused in sewer water:nervous:

ok thanks the rental snake looks like this

345lfeo.jpg

We do the street repairs that are required after a situation like yours gets resolved (in Riverside California). I see about one a week. Someone mentioned a camera -- in reality its kind of like a colonoscopy -- just that its of the sewer pipe in the ground, not your sewer pipe :laugh:. the problem may not be on your side of the line; it may be on the city/county side. And whatever you do, you're likely wasting you time and money and making a stinkin' mess. Hire someone to scope it for you. Then decide what to do. It might be a simple problem that you can fix. It might not even be your problem.

Gotta tell you. I had a similar situation when I was about 23. Had a septic tank and was backing up. Called a guy out to snake it. My wife (at the time) and I where standing next to him watching. He said he found why it was blocked up. He started pulling on the thing. Using both hands and really pulling hard, and it finally broke free. It was a condom! Lol
Really! My wife was mortified! I was laughing my azz off. He didn't realize what it was for a second, then got really embarrassed. It was funny as chit.
Good luck btw!
Troy

most plumbers dont charge much to come out and run a camera down the line specially if its easy access. If its on the city side and you breal stuff be prepared to shell out a lot of union labor money to pay the city to repair your oops:)

Gotta tell you. I had a similar situation when I was about 23. Had a septic tank and was backing up. Called a guy out to snake it. My wife (at the time) and I where standing next to him watching. He said he found why it was blocked up. He started pulling on the thing. Using both hands and really pulling hard, and it finally broke free. It was a condom! Lol
Really! My wife was mortified! I was laughing my azz off. He didn't realize what it was for a second, then got really embarrassed. It was funny as chit.
Good luck btw!
Troy

I saw a similar situation many years ago. We had been transferred to the deep south and had bought a neat little place in the country from an old couple that was retiring. They'd lived there about 25 years. Well, we'd been there about a month and we started having septic problems (family of 5 versus 2...). So I called a plumber. He came out, dug out and opened the lid to the septic tank so he could pump it out. I was standing right there. He shined his light in and said "What the hell..." and then started laughing. He called me over to look in. The surface of 'the liquid' in the tank was a surreal white color with an even, bubbly texture. Thousands of condoms!! The sewer gas had filled them up to make them into little balloons and the entire surface was coated with them. That was the funny part...the not funny part was that the drain field was totally clogged with the ones that finally deflated and washed downstream.

Back