Setting up for 2-up riding this season

Been using an 'Oxford' pillion belt for years. Just a wide webbing type belt, clips easy low around riders waist/hips over your riding gear. Adjustable, comfortable has 2 grips for the pillion to hold onto. They're braced when your braking and can't slide backwards.No force on your back, all through your legs. Wife loves it, she feels super secure and we don't bother fitting the grab rail, no need. Pillion ride ready in a couple of seconds, hump off - seat on. Would highly recommend to any one who does a bit of 2 up riding. Agree with Red05 if shes comfy and secure = smooth fast fun
Forgot about those Dion...good thought for the Bro's.:thumbsup:

Their official site

Rubb.

Crap, rubb I said I'd get back to this and never did did I, lol
This is just my own experience so keep that in mind but it still seems to be working out good for us. If your just doing casual cruising and lots of straight line blast then it may be a good investment. Me personally, if I was riding bitch I would prefer my left hand on the rear factory grab bar pulling down into the bike so I'm not shot off the bike (like say wen popping over a hill at high speed, ....and my right arm around the driver so not to fall off the back under hard acceleration. This is the way I originally suggested for my gal but wen she seen this tank grab bar she wanted to try it. I like to throw the bike over in the turns quite a bit so as mentioned already, if she(or he. I don't judge:D) isn't in tune with when and how far you may shift your body in the saddle,...itmay become a annoyance, or even a hazard. Im still with the same poor misguided girl I've been with since I bought my latest hayabusa almost a year ago and she is also a rider (has started out with the new ninja 400) and is enjoying learning leaning in the turns, so it works out well for us. There has been a couple times wen I came in a little hot in a turn and view became obstructed so I decided to last second hang my body (including butt) pretty far off to give me a margin of safety should I need to push the bike back up abit to keep me in my lane, and wen she didn't react in time I pulled against/stretched her arm and fingers pretty hard. Lesson learned and she adapted quickly.
Being no more the expense its worth a try and u can always sell it and get some of your money back. I bought the plastic or Teflon watever it is made out of so its flexible and won't put so much stress on your thin metal tank,vs the alum ones they sell.
I can understand the ugliness of it but 2 up sport riding was the whole reason I bought a hayabusa again so the looks don't bother me really. Hope this helps. If u buy one let me kno your thoughts as well
20200712_173755.jpg

Crap, rubb I said I'd get back to this and never did did I, lol
This is just my own experience so keep that in mind but it still seems to be working out good for us. If your just doing casual cruising and lots of straight line blast then it may be a good investment. Me personally, if I was riding bitch I would prefer my left hand on the rear factory grab bar pulling down into the bike so I'm not shot off the bike (like say wen popping over a hill at high speed, ....and my right arm around the driver so not to fall off the back under hard acceleration. This is the way I originally suggested for my gal but wen she seen this tank grab bar she wanted to try it. I like to throw the bike over in the turns quite a bit so as mentioned already, if she(or he. I don't judge:D) isn't in tune with when and how far you may shift your body in the saddle,...itmay become a annoyance, or even a hazard. Im still with the same poor misguided girl I've been with since I bought my latest hayabusa almost a year ago and she is also a rider (has started out with the new ninja 400) and is enjoying learning leaning in the turns, so it works out well for us. There has been a couple times wen I came in a little hot in a turn and view became obstructed so I decided to last second hang my body (including butt) pretty far off to give me a margin of safety should I need to push the bike back up abit to keep me in my lane, and wen she didn't react in time I pulled against/stretched her arm and fingers pretty hard. Lesson learned and she adapted quickly.
Being no more the expense its worth a try and u can always sell it and get some of your money back. I bought the plastic or Teflon watever it is made out of so its flexible and won't put so much stress on your thin metal tank,vs the alum ones they sell.
I can understand the ugliness of it but 2 up sport riding was the whole reason I bought a hayabusa again so the looks don't bother me really. Hope this helps. If u buy one let me kno your thoughts as well
View attachment 1622847
:thumbsup: All good info man...thanks. I like the plastic option,did not know they existed. Makes good sense. I likey.
Rubb.

My daughter rode on an AMA Gixxer with a stock rear frame so as to accommodate a passenger, at Sonoma Raceway behind Chris Ulrich (similar to this bike)

https://www.facebook.com/MotoAmeric...p-ride-with-katherine-legge/1971555253075331/

and it had the tank grab bars. She said it was absolutely necessary that they were there so she didn’t climb onto his back under braking. However, that was on a track with speeds up to 140 with severe braking as well. Street riding with a pillion shouldn’t be so severe to merit having one but that, would be the pillion‘s preference IME.

Hey that last one with the blue busa and figurine chick looks pretty cool. Is that a actual display you can buy or is it somebodys custom tinkering?
Tb I found all the pics from google search's like hayabusa wedding,girl on busa cartoon etc. That provided wedding pictures,cake tops,cakes,etc all Hayabusa themed.I believe they are real,don't know about "for sale" because when I throw my little humor posts together I usually just search images as opposed to "All" to speed up the process.But I will dig thru my history,see what I can come up with. Are someone's nuptuals on the horizon that you might find those items usefull? Your's ?
Make sure the bride to be has a sense of ha ha before adorning HER cake with those. :laugh:
Rubb.

Reactions: Tb3
Tb I found all the pics from google search's like hayabusa wedding,girl on busa cartoon etc. That provided wedding pictures,cake tops,cakes,etc all Hayabusa themed.I believe they are real,don't know about "for sale" because when I throw my little humor posts together I usually just search images as opposed to "All" to speed up the process.But I will dig thru my history,see what I can come up with. Are someone's nuptuals on the horizon that you might find those items usefull? Your's ?
Make sure the bride to be has a sense of ha ha before adorning HER cake with those. :laugh:
Rubb.
I am a one time divorce survivor. Hopefully not going down that path ever again:crazy::p

when I was really into my cars I had a pretty impressive die cast collection. All 1:18 scale. I had a somewhat unique display Ill have to post some pics of maybe. I sold them all a couple years ago. Only die cast I have now is of my rc51

I am a one time divorce survivor. Hopefully not going down that path ever again:crazy::p
*Insert clever metafore here* Infinite engagement works.ETC.
when I was really into my cars I had a pretty impressive die cast collection. All 1:18 scale. I had a somewhat unique display Ill have to post some pics of maybe. I sold them all a couple years ago. Only die cast I have now is of my rc51
1:18's cool. They are not cheap. lemme see...lemme see...:thumbsup:
Rubb.

Back