Semper Fi

Wire Dawg

Donating Member
Registered
I apologize if this is a re-post, but I need to express my utmost respect to the guys who get it done better than any other fighing force in the world. The below text is from the VOA. Godspeed Marine.

"Since the 2001 terrorist attacks in New York and Washington, more than 190,000 men and women have joined the Marine Corps.

Among them was Corporal Jason Dunham, who was killed outside the Iraqi town of Karabilah in 2004, when officials say he threw himself on an enemy grenade to protect his fellow Marines.

President Bush awarded the nation's highest decoration for valor to Dunham's parents as part of a ceremony marking the opening of a national Marine Corps museum.

He said, "As long as we have Marines like Corporal Dunham, America will never fear for her liberty. And as long as we have this fine museum, America will never forget their sacrifice."

beerchug.gif

Uh Rah!!!!!! Semper Fi Even one Marine (or any other service member for that matter) is one to many to pay the ultimate price for his comrads in arms. Truely he sacraficed his own life to save the lives of all those around him. His loss is heart felt and I am sad for the price his family had to pay and now suffering the loss of a loved one, but he knew what he was doing and he knew the consequences of what he was about to do. Blessed are the peace makes for theres shall be the kingdom of heaven.

Back