Second fan question

PocketRocket

Donating Member
Registered
I am getting ready to put a second fan on the Busa and was wondering if the fan off the 1000 is enough for a second fan or will I need a Muzzy blade ? I have a 4-2-1 exhaust ( if that makes any difference with the fan being close to the exhaust) .. What ya think...
dunno.gif
? Thanks

Aftermarket exhausts tend to some times melt the stock blades on both fans, if you tend to sit in a lot of traffic!

if your going to go through the trouble of putting a second fan on why wouldn't you do the muzzy blade as well? My stock fan blade was melted when I took it off to replace it with the muzzy blade..

I would do the muzzy blade if I was you..

I guess you are right, No need to skimp now... I was just watching every dime.. I have a 50x60 shop and it aint big enough.. I am getting ready to build one just for the bikes now.. OUCH my pocket hurts...... Thanks Guys!!!!

I prefer the stock fans. I have dual fans the busa one with a muzzy fan and a gixx1k w/OE fan. Orginaly I bought the muzzy one. The thing I don't like is that you really have to play with the pitch and balance to get the most outa the fan. I didn't bother with the other one. Nothings ever melted yet.

I've heard about the legendary fan melt but it leaves me baffled. The fan blades are about as thick and made of the same material as the fan assembly/shroud. Mine have never come close to a melt down...hmmmm just my .02

PR, I have the Muzzy on mine and like it. Before my bike would run hot in traffic then I added the Muzzy and water wetter and have had no problems since. My stock fan did not melt, it was fine when I took it off but I think the Muzzy pulls more air. Just my 2cents worth.

Tim

Thanks Guys , I will probably just install the 2nd fan ( off of a GSXR1K) like it is until I can find a deal on a muzzy .. My org. fan has a muzzy on it , so it should be fine until the switch.. Another question where can I find some sort of small fuse Box? With extra fans, radar detectors, HID's etc etc .I think i need some sort of fuse box to connect everything to it. With the NOS, led lites , air shifter, etc etc I already have 3-4 extra wires connected to the battery... I do appreciate all the help guys..
bowdown.gif
Tim, as soon as I can get to a stopping point with my jobs , I'll give ya a call, meet at Hooters on Lee HWY...?

Thanks Guys , I will probably just install the 2nd fan ( off of a GSXR1K) like it is until I can find a deal on a muzzy .. My org. fan has a muzzy on it , so it should be fine until the switch..  Another question  where can I find some sort of small fuse Box? With extra fans, radar detectors, HID's etc etc .I think i need some sort of fuse box  to connect everything to it. With the NOS, led lites , air shifter,  etc etc I already have 3-4 extra wires connected to the battery... I do appreciate all the help guys..  
bowdown.gif
 Tim, as soon as I can get to a stopping point with my jobs , I'll give ya a call, meet at Hooters on Lee HWY...?
Sounds good. Just give me a call and Don and I will meet you. now get that bike finished so you can go ride with us.
smile.gif

Cool, I still got to go get a license too,, I've been driving without a motorcycle lic, for over 6 month now... I'm so covered up with work I cant get a moments break( other than these few minutes on the site)..Off to work again tonite .. But I will get with you soon. If ya'll get to riding come on by .HWY 56 . Later . Be Safe

Back