Seat for tall rider?

06 le w buell peg mod, which seat u guys thing would work the best? tobin?corbin?
They are both fairly hard seats.

If its leg room you are after,get the measurements for all the seats you are interested in. The seat with the highest measurement (ground to top of seat) will provide the most leg room.

Ask the boys to get you those measurements.

You could also take a stock seat and have an' upholsterer add has much foam to the top without it getting goofy looking,and re-cover. To the best of my knowledge,most aftermarket seats have you sitting lower that stock. Thats not what a tall guy needs.

RSD.

Also,I would avoid seats with the built in little hump. They push you forward increasing the bend on your knees,and also dont allow different riding positions on long hauls.

Rubb.

Also,I would avoid seats with the built in little hump. They push you forward increasing the bend on your knees,and also dont allow different riding positions on long hauls.

Rubb.
+1

RSD is right, I am 6'2" and on a long ride I usually find myself slid all the way back.....
idea.gif

The stock seat is just not to comfy..I love the look of the aftermarket seats,but the height issue becomes a problem,im 6-4 i just did the peg mod today,just have to get used to it,and have to do some fine tuning on the brake an shifter levers ,i adjusted them a little but need some more ride time with pegs to see where i like the best,i was thinking gel seat?

6'6" here, and I dont mind the seat at all. Added a double bubble and adjustable rearsets for a little more custom fit. I guess I could be a little spoiled though moving up from a zx6r, lol. A little more room for me now. I honestly don't think I could use a tobin seat or any of the others as I NEED to be able to move around the seat. Cant really tuck without moving back.

6'8" here. Buell pegs and a Corbin saddle. The Corbin has a little hump on the front of the seat that actually puts you a little farther back. When I'm cruisin' I sit more towards the rear and if I'm riding aggressive, I can sit all the way foward no problem. My only gripe with the Corbin is the sides are raised slightly and can be somewhat discomforting when sitting at lights or when stopped with your legs down. Not really an issue unless you riding in town for hours on end.

I'm 6'8 and got a gel seat, which I like. I didn't want to try a Tobin or a Corbin because I heard they lower your position. I tried the Buell peg mod but it sent my back into spasms so I just ground a little rubber off the stock foot pegs. I also got a Zero Gravity sport touring windscreen.

I may look into the corbin,,,the peg mod is good so far ,i like the way it lowers my legs into the tank humps,i feel i can grasp tank better,,just went out for a 30 mile ride,,,just some getting used too...need to fine tune the lever adjustments,,mainly the shifter,i lowered 1 tooth and it was horrible,,my feet are to big(14) so i put it back to stock,,

Back